How We Saved the Climate (and Ourselves)
by Bill McKibbenDec 06, 2010
- Bill McKibben imagines himself in the year 2100, looking back at a century of climate chaos and asking: What did it take to save the world?
Maude Barlow: Read Me My Environmental Rights
by Madeline OstranderDec 03, 2010
- An international movement—of governments, scientists, and activists—is bringing a focus on environmental rights to the climate negotiations in Cancún.
In Mexico City, a Message for Cancún
by Laura CarlsenDec 02, 2010
- Why peasant farmers in Mexico are taking the UN climate negotiations seriously.
Big Problem, Big Art
Nov 30, 2010
- Photo essay: As climate negotiators meet in Cancun, activists the world over are reminding them of what’s at stake with some very big art.
In Coal Country, A Win for Clean Energy
by Sue SturgisNov 19, 2010
- A Kentucky power cooperative had plans to burn more coal. Local residents instead demanded cleaner energy and greater efficiency—and won.
Film Trailer: Age of Stupid
Nov 15, 2010
- For one man looking back from the year 2055, it seems clear that we should have dealt with climate change as soon as we noticed it.
UN: Caution, Not Climate Tinkering
by Jeff ConantNov 05, 2010
- The UN placed a moratorium on experiments that try to manipulate the Earth’s climate.
A Big Surprise for Chevron
Oct 20, 2010
- Hours before the oil giant released its new ad campaign, the Yes Men released their own version.
Bigger and More Beautiful than Ever Before
Oct 11, 2010
- Photo essay: Scenes from the 10/10/10 Global Work Party.
10 Ways to Celebrate 10/10/10
by 350.orgOct 08, 2010
- At over 7,000 events in 188 countries, people will be getting to work to stop catastrophic climate change—and calling on their leaders to do the same. Here are 10 ideas from 350.org for planning your own climate work party.
White House Goes Solar, After All
by Bill McKibbenOct 06, 2010
- The White House's decision to install solar panels will give a boost to 10/10/10, this weekend's global work party in support of climate solutions.
Diet for a Hot Planet
by Kathleen YaleSep 29, 2010
- The climate crisis at the end of your fork and what you can do about it
by Mark EnglerSep 29, 2010
- On the front lines in the fight against coal
Pioneers of the New Normal
by Sarah van GelderSep 14, 2010
- We’re facing a very different world than the one we knew. Here’s what people are doing to prepare …
Clear Act: A Climate Bill That Can Pass
by Peter BarnesSep 13, 2010
- How the cap-and-cash-back bill can clear a deadlocked Senate–and make most Americans better off.