Joining together to avert catastrophe.
350 :: The Most Important Number in the World
by Bill McKibbenposted Oct 15, 2009
- From Mount Everest to the Maldives, people worldwide are turning an arcane number into a movement for a stable climate. Bill McKibben asks: Will you join them?
Companies Abandon Chamber of Commerce Over Climate Change Stance
by Susie Shuttsposted Oct 08, 2009
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's opposition to addressing climate change is making it very unpopular, even in corporate America.
No Impact on the Environment Experiment
posted Oct 08, 2009
- No Impact Man, Colin Beavan, has put together a guide for you to try out his experiment in living with no impact on the environment.
International Youth: Fired Up About Climate Change
by Richard Gravesposted Oct 07, 2009
- The generations who will inherit the burden of global warming want bold environmental leadership, responsible climate policies, and green jobs.
Students Stand Up to Coal
by Nick Engelfriedposted Sep 30, 2009
- College students across the country are working to eject coal from their campuses and their communities.
Sarah van Gelder on Climate Action
posted Sep 29, 2009
- We need new strategies to wake people up to the urgency of climate change.
- A Global Climate Wake-Up Call
- On September 21, at over 2,600 demonstrations held in 134 countries, people urged their politicians to “wake up” to the threat of climate change and to create a fair, aggressive, and binding treaty during the final set of international negotiations in Copenhagen this December.
Trade Your Job
by Valerie Saturenposted Sep 09, 2009
- The old apprenticeship model of learning by doing gets new life as people who’ve been left out of the job market train to meet the growing demand for green-collar workers.
Climate Activists Dream a New Future
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 09, 2009
- The Pachamama Alliance encourages a re-examination of the values and assumptions that have led our society into social and environmental crises.
Citizen Scientists Learn from Flowers
by Heather Purserposted Sep 09, 2009
- People across the country are learning what plants say about global warming.
The Personal IS Powerful
by Colin Beavanposted Sep 09, 2009
- No Impact Man says we shouldn't be distracted by attacking each others' methods of confronting climate change—only by uniting behind the same agenda can we hope for change in the very little time we have to effect it.
Signs of Life :: Cities Eat Local
by Jessica Bellposted Aug 28, 2009
- Increasing numbers of U.S. cities are looking to lessen their climate impact by growing and eating local food.
Signs of Life :: Amazon Tribes Win Against Big Oil
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Aug 28, 2009
- In the Amazon rainforests of Peru and Ecuador, indigenous groups are on the front lines of the climate change battle.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
Our Best Shot at Climate Leadership
by Colin Beavanposted Jun 15, 2009
- Will the U.S. lead on confronting climate change, or not? The House has passed a landmark bill. Now it's on to the Senate. Colin Beavan explains what ACES means, and why you should know about it.