Joining together to avert catastrophe.
God Begins to Smile
posted Dec 15, 2009
- Video: Archbishop Desmond Tutu, calling for a legally binding agreement on climate change, says the movement for climate justice in Copenhagen would cheer God up.
350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
posted Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
Tens of Thousands March in Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 12, 2009
- Demonstrators outside the U.N. negotiations demand a climate deal.
People, Power, and Climate Change
posted Dec 11, 2009
- Video: Why Sarah van Gelder believes we can still avert disaster.
Cap & Dividend: A Clear Winner
by Sarah van Gelderposted Dec 11, 2009
- A new bipartisan climate bill offers a much smarter way to cut emissions—auction off pollution permits and distribute the proceeds to everyone.
It's Going to Be Beautiful
by Bill McKibbenposted Dec 11, 2009
- Bill McKibben: There are reasons to be encouraged about the negotiations in Copenhagen, and ways to get involved in your own backyard.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
350 Day of Action
posted Dec 11, 2009
- 350 might be the most important number in the world—which is why people around the world are finding powerful ways to make that number known.
How to Talk to Your Friends About Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 10, 2009
- Talking about climate change may be one of the most revolutionary things you can do. But how do you strike up your own Copenhagen conversations—and what do you say once you do?
Cool Globes in Copenhagen
posted Dec 09, 2009
- "Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet" is a public art exhibit featuring over 25 large globes, each with a different message about climate change.
Copenhagen's Conscience: The Youth Climate Movement Won't Settle
by Jessy Tolkanposted Dec 08, 2009
- Youth activists are playing an important role: refusing to allow the smallness of politics to stand in the way of the fair and globally-binding deal that our generation demands for survival.
The Copenhagen Moment
posted Dec 08, 2009
- Video: Leaders of the climate justice movement on turning the U.N. negotiations in Copenhagen into a true global turning point.
10 Million People Petition for Climate Action
by Richard Gravesposted Dec 08, 2009
- As some try to lower expectations about the outcome of the U.N. climate summit in Copenhagen, public pressure for real action is increasing.
Fast for Climate Justice
by Anna Keenanposted Dec 07, 2009
- Now a month into their hunger strike, activists are hoping for serious commitment from the delegates in Copenhagen.
14 Days to Seal History's Judgment on this Generation
posted Dec 07, 2009
- Newspapers in more than 45 countries united behind a shared editorial demanding urgent and decisive action to avert climate change disaster.