Joining together to avert catastrophe.
We're Not Done Yet
posted Jan 22, 2010
- Video: Copenhagen may have been an official failure, but for a new generation of climate activists, it was transformative.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe Copelandposted Jan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."
The Power of Nonviolent Movements
by Bryan Farrellposted Jan 14, 2010
- Anti-nuclear activist Jonathan Schell offers motivation and tactical advice to the new generation of climate activists.
Reaping the Dividends of Reduced Emissions
by Mike Sandlerposted Jan 13, 2010
- California residents stand to gain a lot from the state's efforts to cap greenhouse gases: less pollution, greener infrastructure, and a yearly check in the mailbox.
Big News for Small Forests
by Ian Hannaposted Jan 07, 2010
- Sustainable, small-scale working forests are feeling the economic pinch. But nonprofit groups are helping family- and community-owned woodlands thrive by connecting them with carbon markets.
Transition Albany: A Local Response to Climate Change
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Jan 06, 2010
- Meet Catherine Sutton, the initiator of Transition Albany—the effort of a 1.7-square-mile California town (population 16,500+) to transform itself into a self-reliant and resilient community.
EPA Implements Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule
by Rik Langendoenposted Jan 06, 2010
- An EPA rule requiring large polluters to report greenhouse gases went into effect December 29, 2009.
It's Time For Direct Action and Compassion on Climate
by Michael Naglerposted Dec 30, 2009
- After Copenhagen, now it's up to us. We need to pluck up courage, drop our usual routines, go beyond our comfort zones, and take some risks.
Why Annie Leonard is Right About Cap-and-Trade
by Peter Barnesposted Dec 28, 2009
- The real question isn’t why Annie Leonard questions cap-and-trade; it’s why all environmentalists don’t support Cantwell-Collins.
No Impact Man Movie Trailer
posted Dec 23, 2009
- No car, no washing machine, no toilet paper? Preview how Colin Beavan and family fared in their one-year commitment to have no impact on the environment.
James Hansen: Good Riddance, Copenhagen. Time for Better Ideas.
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 22, 2009
- The world's leading climate scientist explains how Copenhagen's failure gives us a chance to get it right this time.
Copenhagen: Just a Cop Out?
by Tom Athanasiouposted Dec 22, 2009
- Despite its disappointments, Copenhagen marks a turning point—the end of denial. What's next is recognizing that our climate problem is really a justice problem.
Climate Deal: Not Done Yet
by Sarah van Gelderposted Dec 20, 2009
- Leading climate justice groups are signaling that the extraordinary global climate movement that came together in Copenhangen is just the beginning.
What Will It Take?
posted Dec 17, 2009
- Sarah van Gelder discusses YES! Magazine's Winter 2010 issue on climate action.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo Nubeposted Dec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.