But What About Embedded Carbon?
by Richard ConlinJul 02, 2010
- Yes, you create emissions when you burn gasoline, but what about the carbon emissions from making the car?
Cherish The Planet, Don’t Cheat On It
Jun 18, 2010
- Think the idea of carbon offsets are a bit ridiculous? So do the creators of cheatneutral.com, a website that allows you to pay money to “offset” your infidelity.
Bonn Climate Talks: Beyond BP
by Jamie HennJun 17, 2010
- Even as we work to prevent future disasters and break the U.S. oil addiction, we must keep up pressure for a fair, ambitious climate treaty.
Where Do Our Carbon Emissions Come From, Anyway?
by Richard ConlinJun 15, 2010
- Seattle is working to become America's first climate neutral city. But first, it has to figure out where its carbon comes from.
Polls: Time for Action
by Madeline OstranderJun 11, 2010
- In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf, Americans are ready for clean energy.
Weaving A Great Turning: Transition Albany Takes It Step-by-Step
by Pamela O'Malley ChangJun 10, 2010
- A follow-up on the efforts to transform a 1.7-square-mile California town into a self-sufficient and resilient community.
What Are People Doing About the Gulf Disaster?
by Sarah van GelderJun 08, 2010
- In the last week, anger at the BP oil disaster has turned into action.
Fixing Planet Earth: A Not-So-Modest Proposal
by Michael N. NaglerJun 03, 2010
- Only a nonviolent revolution, like the one led by Gandhi, can meet the challenge of the climate crisis.
UNC Chapel Hill Coal Free by 2020
by Kaitlin BaileyJun 01, 2010
- Under pressure from students to meet climate targets, a university turns to clean power.
Reducing Carbon Emissions: Seattle Has Taken the Lead
by Richard ConlinMay 27, 2010
- Looking back on 10 years of carbon reduction efforts in Seattle.
Climate Talks End With People’s Agreement
by Jim ShultzMay 13, 2010
Debt vs. Localization: Climate Justice in the New Economy
by David KortenMay 12, 2010
- David Korten: Where does the concept of “climate debt” fit into a New Economy framework?
Cochabamba’s Message: Let the People Speak
by Janet RedmanApr 29, 2010
- The World People's Summit broke new ground by allowing those most affected by a changing climate the chance to speak out about their ideas for just solutions.
Bill McKibben's Message to Cochabamba
Apr 28, 2010
- The author addresses the thousands who gathered in Cochabamba for the World People's Summit on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth.
Welcome to Eaarth
by Scott GastApr 27, 2010
- Bill McKibben’s latest book explores what it’ll take to live on a planet less sweet than it used to be. During a recent stop in Seattle, he described the smaller, slower, and wiser future that may be our best bet.