Joining together to avert catastrophe.
No Impact Man Movie Trailer
posted Dec 23, 2009
- No car, no washing machine, no toilet paper? Preview how Colin Beavan and family fared in their one-year commitment to have no impact on the environment.
James Hansen: Good Riddance, Copenhagen. Time for Better Ideas.
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 22, 2009
- The world's leading climate scientist explains how Copenhagen's failure gives us a chance to get it right this time.
Copenhagen: Just a Cop Out?
by Tom Athanasiouposted Dec 22, 2009
- Despite its disappointments, Copenhagen marks a turning point—the end of denial. What's next is recognizing that our climate problem is really a justice problem.
Climate Deal: Not Done Yet
by Sarah van Gelderposted Dec 20, 2009
- Leading climate justice groups are signaling that the extraordinary global climate movement that came together in Copenhangen is just the beginning.
What Will It Take?
posted Dec 17, 2009
- Sarah van Gelder discusses YES! Magazine's Winter 2010 issue on climate action.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo Nubeposted Dec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.
Hungry in Copenhagen
by Bill McKibbenposted Dec 17, 2009
- Bill McKibben: A day of fasting isn't the only reason why activists in Copenhagen are hungry today.
From the Halls of Copenhagen
by Dominic Frongilloposted Dec 16, 2009
- As negotiations heat up and international leaders begin to arrive at the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen, grassroots pressure is increasing.
Democracy Now! Live Stream from Copenhagen
posted Dec 16, 2009
- Democracy Now! streams live from the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen.
Streaming Live From Copenhagen
posted Dec 16, 2009
- OneClimate.net streams live from the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen.
Tensions Mount in Copenhagen
by Alison Hammposted Dec 16, 2009
- NGO representatives walk out of climate negotiations, police clash with protesters, and all eyes turn to the U.S. and China.
Climate Change Movement Builds at Copenhagen
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Dec 16, 2009
- Movement building in this period requires actions that can bring about a radical shift in values.
God Begins to Smile
posted Dec 15, 2009
- Video: Archbishop Desmond Tutu, calling for a legally binding agreement on climate change, says the movement for climate justice in Copenhagen would cheer God up.
350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
posted Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
Tens of Thousands March in Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 12, 2009
- Demonstrators outside the U.N. negotiations demand a climate deal.