It's Time For Direct Action and Compassion on Climate
by Michael NaglerDec 30, 2009
- After Copenhagen, now it's up to us. We need to pluck up courage, drop our usual routines, go beyond our comfort zones, and take some risks.
Why Annie Leonard is Right About Cap-and-Trade
by Peter BarnesDec 28, 2009
- The real question isn’t why Annie Leonard questions cap-and-trade; it’s why all environmentalists don’t support Cantwell-Collins.
No Impact Man Movie Trailer
Dec 23, 2009
- No car, no washing machine, no toilet paper? Preview how Colin Beavan and family fared in their one-year commitment to have no impact on the environment.
James Hansen: Good Riddance, Copenhagen. Time for Better Ideas.
by Madeline OstranderDec 22, 2009
- The world's leading climate scientist explains how Copenhagen's failure gives us a chance to get it right this time.
Copenhagen: Just a Cop Out?
by Tom AthanasiouDec 22, 2009
- Despite its disappointments, Copenhagen marks a turning point—the end of denial. What's next is recognizing that our climate problem is really a justice problem.
Climate Deal: Not Done Yet
by Sarah van GelderDec 20, 2009
- Leading climate justice groups are signaling that the extraordinary global climate movement that came together in Copenhangen is just the beginning.
What Will It Take?
Dec 17, 2009
- Sarah van Gelder discusses YES! Magazine's Winter 2010 issue on climate action.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo NubeDec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.
Hungry in Copenhagen
by Bill McKibbenDec 17, 2009
- Bill McKibben: A day of fasting isn't the only reason why activists in Copenhagen are hungry today.
From the Halls of Copenhagen
by Dominic FrongilloDec 16, 2009
- As negotiations heat up and international leaders begin to arrive at the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen, grassroots pressure is increasing.
Democracy Now! Live Stream from Copenhagen
Dec 16, 2009
- Democracy Now! streams live from the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen.
Streaming Live From Copenhagen
Dec 16, 2009
- OneClimate.net streams live from the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen.
Tensions Mount in Copenhagen
by Alison HammDec 16, 2009
- NGO representatives walk out of climate negotiations, police clash with protesters, and all eyes turn to the U.S. and China.
Climate Change Movement Builds at Copenhagen
by Grace Lee BoggsDec 16, 2009
- Movement building in this period requires actions that can bring about a radical shift in values.
God Begins to Smile
Dec 15, 2009
- Video: Archbishop Desmond Tutu, calling for a legally binding agreement on climate change, says the movement for climate justice in Copenhagen would cheer God up.