Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Theme Guide :: Climate Solutions
posted Jan 29, 2008
- Climate change used to be something that would happen far off in the future. Now the science says we have just 10 years to change course or things will get scary. What do we do? What will actually make a difference? It turns out we have the means. The question is: Do we have the will?
by Ted Glickposted Jun 27, 2007
- Ted Glick's Call to Action: A popular, grassroots movement is necessary to pressure governments into a justice-based, clean energy revolution. The U.S Social Forum in Atlanta provides a perfect platform for such a movement.
Commentary: 12-Step Program to Stop Climate Change
by Alisa Gravitzposted Nov 30, 2006
- Co-op America's Alisa Gravitz outlines a 12-Step Program to Stop Climate Change based on the Carbon Mitigation Initiative (CMI) proposals to stabilize emissions.
Sustainability: Planet at the Crossroads
by Bill McKibbenposted Feb 16, 2006
- As signs of climate change grow, and leaders lack political will to change course, people are acting in community to create a world that works for all.
Book Review: The Boiling Point by Ross Gelbspan
by K C Goldenposted Apr 26, 2005
- The science of global warming, and the dream of the "World Energy Modernization Plan" are two issues covered in the book
posted Aug 10, 2004
- Ten of our favorite simple ways to cut oil dependence.
A Sustainable Energy Plan For the US
by Guy Daunceyposted Sep 30, 2001
- Examines the policies, technologies, and strategies that could lead the US and the world to a sustainable energy future.
by Peter Barnesposted Jun 30, 2001
- Sky Trust, by Peter Barnes. Carbon permits could reduce carbon emissions while returning benefits to individuals and rewarding conservation.