Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Red State Ranchers Vs. the Pipeline
posted Oct 07, 2011
- Nebraska isn’t known for environmental activism—but an oil pipeline that would cross the Ogallala aquifer is changing that.
Can Households Help Create a Carbon Neutral City?
by Richard Conlinposted Oct 06, 2011
- In Seattle’s quest for carbon neutrality, what role do personal actions play?
Eco-Politics Back on the Ranch
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 30, 2011
- In Nebraska, the fight against the Keystone XL pipeline is no longer about left versus right.
A Moveable Planet
posted Sep 29, 2011
- Video: In more than 175 countries, people found creative ways to show they're ready to move away from fossil fuels.
Gearing Up for Moving Planet Day
posted Sep 23, 2011
- Photo essay: All around the world, groups are preparing to reach beyond fossil fuels for Moving Planet Day.
When Words Fail: Does a Warming World Need a New Vocabulary?
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 19, 2011
- We often don’t have the words to express our strong emotions about environmental destruction or a changing climate. Meet the man who’s trying to fix that.
“We Can Change History”
posted Sep 07, 2011
- Video: Two weeks and 1,252 arrests later—how a committed group of activists made an oil pipeline an international issue.
From Disillusionment to Direct Action: A Tale on Two Continents
by Jim Shultzposted Sep 06, 2011
- From the White House lawn to the jungles of Bolivia—what happens when a president fails to live up to his environmental rhetoric?
In Photos: The People vs. the Pipeline
posted Sep 06, 2011
- Photo essay: The climate justice movement gets (civilly) disobedient.
Extreme Weather Research Makeover
by Sarah Kuckposted Sep 01, 2011
- Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and droughts: A new coalition to investigate the impact of climate change on weather.
The Coming of the Coal-Free Campus
by Jen Hortonposted Sep 01, 2011
- Why students across the country are asking schools to clean up their act.
Get On Your Feet For Moving Planet Day
posted Aug 31, 2011
- Video: Join us—and 350.org—in the global movement to move beyond fossil fuels on September 24, during No Impact Week.
Asking for What Obama Promised
by Madeline Ostranderposted Aug 31, 2011
- Protesters push Obama to resist the influence of the oil industry and stop the Keystone XL pipeline.
Pipeline Protests: Beyond the Usual Suspects
by Madeline Ostranderposted Aug 25, 2011
- Can opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline bring conservatives back to conservation?
“Criminals” for a Stable Climate
posted Aug 22, 2011
- Behind the scenes: to stop a tar sands pipeline, the climate justice movement begins civil disobedience on a grand scale.