Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Fighting Coal While Supporting Miners?
by John C. Bergposted Aug 03, 2012
- Can you fight austerity and climate change at the same time?
Blockade Aims to Stop Southern KXL Pipeline
by Christine Leclercposted Aug 03, 2012
- Activists in the Gulf Coast aren’t willing to stand by while a portion of the controversial pipeline gets fast-tracked.
Bidder 70: The Tim DeChristopher Story
by Samantha Herndonposted Aug 01, 2012
- Last year, climate activist Tim DeChristopher went to jail for bidding $1.7 million (that he didn't have) to save 22,000 acres of public land from corporate extraction.
Climate Emergency Action Plan
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jul 20, 2012
- We can still avoid a devastating climate crisis, but we’ll need a World War II-level mobilization — and we’ll need to stand up to Dirty Energy.
Cry Wolf: An Unethical Oil Story
posted Jul 05, 2012
- In an attempt to bolster caribou populations, Alberta is hunting wolves. But are they really the cause of the problem?
In Ohio, the People Push Back on Fracking
by Joshua Kahn Russellposted Jun 26, 2012
- Tired of waiting for their leaders to ban the destructive drilling practice, citizens passed their own resolution—and took over the Statehouse to make it heard.
Elinor Ostrom’s Parting Advice to Rio+20
by Elinor Ostromposted Jun 20, 2012
- The late Nobel prize winner warned against a too-rigid international structure to solve climate change.
Building the New Economy: Ten Steps We Can Take Now
by James Gustave Spethposted Jun 18, 2012
- How to choose people, place, and planet over profit, product, and power.
Why Is India Still Poor?
by Ashish Kothari, Aseem Shrivastavaposted Jun 18, 2012
- India’s development was supposed to be an economic success story. What we can learn from what actually happened.
Rio+20: A Defining Choice
by David Kortenposted Jun 15, 2012
- How can we create an economy that serves the health and well-being of both people and the planet? Follow the Earth’s lead.
10 Things You Should Know About the Rio+20 Earth Summit
by Janet Redmanposted Jun 14, 2012
- Will we turn environmental protection into a game of profit? What you need to know about the global gathering.
Feedback from the Melting Arctic
by Valerie Schloredtposted Jun 11, 2012
- NASA completed a cross-institutional study on rising methane levels in the Arctic. The results, we're afraid, do not look good.
Climate Denialists on the Ropes
by Bill McKibbenposted Jun 06, 2012
- Unfortunately, so is the planet.
The Real Reason the Military is Going Green
by Natalie Pompilioposted Jun 04, 2012
- Big Oil is a big risk for national security. Can our military—the world's No. 1 oil guzzler—change the politics of climate change?
Yes, the Climate is Changing
posted May 10, 2012
- Video: People around the world show how climate change is already affecting their lives.