Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Students Stand Up to Coal
by Nick Engelfriedposted Sep 30, 2009
- College students across the country are working to eject coal from their campuses and their communities.
Sarah van Gelder on Climate Action
posted Sep 29, 2009
- We need new strategies to wake people up to the urgency of climate change.
- A Global Climate Wake-Up Call
- On September 21, at over 2,600 demonstrations held in 134 countries, people urged their politicians to “wake up” to the threat of climate change and to create a fair, aggressive, and binding treaty during the final set of international negotiations in Copenhagen this December.
Trade Your Job
by Valerie Saturenposted Sep 09, 2009
- The old apprenticeship model of learning by doing gets new life as people who’ve been left out of the job market train to meet the growing demand for green-collar workers.
Climate Activists Dream a New Future
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 09, 2009
- The Pachamama Alliance encourages a re-examination of the values and assumptions that have led our society into social and environmental crises.
Citizen Scientists Learn from Flowers
by Heather Purserposted Sep 09, 2009
- People across the country are learning what plants say about global warming.
The Personal IS Powerful
by Colin Beavanposted Sep 09, 2009
- No Impact Man says we shouldn't be distracted by attacking each others' methods of confronting climate change—only by uniting behind the same agenda can we hope for change in the very little time we have to effect it.
Signs of Life :: Cities Eat Local
by Jessica Bellposted Aug 28, 2009
- Increasing numbers of U.S. cities are looking to lessen their climate impact by growing and eating local food.
Signs of Life :: Amazon Tribes Win Against Big Oil
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Aug 28, 2009
- In the Amazon rainforests of Peru and Ecuador, indigenous groups are on the front lines of the climate change battle.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
Our Best Shot at Climate Leadership
by Colin Beavanposted Jun 15, 2009
- Will the U.S. lead on confronting climate change, or not? The House has passed a landmark bill. Now it's on to the Senate. Colin Beavan explains what ACES means, and why you should know about it.
Cleveland’s Worker-Owned Boom
by Gar Alperovitz, Ted Howard, Steve Dubbposted Jun 05, 2009
- Rust-belt to recovery through worker-owned business and city, hospital, and university cooperation.
The Climate Crisis
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jun 02, 2009
- What Would it Look Like to Do Everything We Can Imagine?
At EPA Hearings and in Congress, Public and Politicians Ready for Climate Action
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 22, 2009
- At EPA hearings and in Congress, signs that the public, environmental leaders, political leaders, and businesses could unite on steps to confront climate change.
To Obama and the EPA: The Threat is Real, It's Time to Act
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 19, 2009
- EPA holds two public hearings on greenhouse gas regulation