Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Climate Activists Dream a New Future
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 09, 2009
- The Pachamama Alliance encourages a re-examination of the values and assumptions that have led our society into social and environmental crises.
Citizen Scientists Learn from Flowers
by Heather Purserposted Sep 09, 2009
- People across the country are learning what plants say about global warming.
The Personal IS Powerful
by Colin Beavanposted Sep 09, 2009
- No Impact Man says we shouldn't be distracted by attacking each others' methods of confronting climate change—only by uniting behind the same agenda can we hope for change in the very little time we have to effect it.
Signs of Life :: Cities Eat Local
by Jessica Bellposted Aug 28, 2009
- Increasing numbers of U.S. cities are looking to lessen their climate impact by growing and eating local food.
Signs of Life :: Amazon Tribes Win Against Big Oil
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Aug 28, 2009
- In the Amazon rainforests of Peru and Ecuador, indigenous groups are on the front lines of the climate change battle.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
Our Best Shot at Climate Leadership
by Colin Beavanposted Jun 15, 2009
- Will the U.S. lead on confronting climate change, or not? The House has passed a landmark bill. Now it's on to the Senate. Colin Beavan explains what ACES means, and why you should know about it.
Cleveland’s Worker-Owned Boom
by Gar Alperovitz, Ted Howard, Steve Dubbposted Jun 05, 2009
- Rust-belt to recovery through worker-owned business and city, hospital, and university cooperation.
The Climate Crisis
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jun 02, 2009
- What Would it Look Like to Do Everything We Can Imagine?
At EPA Hearings and in Congress, Public and Politicians Ready for Climate Action
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 22, 2009
- At EPA hearings and in Congress, signs that the public, environmental leaders, political leaders, and businesses could unite on steps to confront climate change.
To Obama and the EPA: The Threat is Real, It's Time to Act
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 19, 2009
- EPA holds two public hearings on greenhouse gas regulation
Signs of Life :: Landmark Climate Change Bill
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 07, 2009
- Congress has begun debate on what could become the first-ever federal legislation to regulate greenhouse gases. The bill promises to cut emissions 80 percent by 2050.
Working Together at the Summit of the Americas
by Laura Kaliebeposted Apr 16, 2009
- Three days isn’t enough time to solve all of the problems in the hemisphere—but it’s a start.On April 17-19, 2009, the democratically-elected leaders of 34 countries will meet in Trinidad and Tobago for the Summit of the Americas.
Sustainable Seattle: City's Progress Towards Zero Waste
by Amy Goodman, Richard Conlinposted Mar 31, 2009
- Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! speaks with Richard Conlin on the day Seattle launched a new composting program to further improve its waste management.
Signs of Life :: Climate Spurs Direct Action
by Noah Grant, Madeline Ostranderposted Oct 31, 2008
- Climate direct action, such as this year's climate camps, wins support.