Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Climate Hero Clayton Thomas-Müller
posted Dec 01, 2009
- Clayton Thomas-Müller is working to keep corporations from privatizing the atmosphere, as they have privatized the land and exploited the natural resources that once belonged to the First Nations of Canada.
Climate Direct Action Camp
posted Nov 16, 2009
- In June 2008, activists gathered in Montana for the Climate Ground Zero Citizens Direct Action Training Camp, where they learned skills including the history and practice of nonviolent direct action, campaign strategy, and community organizing.
Public Attitudes, Knowledge, and Values Around the Climate
posted Nov 13, 2009
- "The Energy Learning Curve", a Public Agenda poll, and additional polling data show America's changing attitude to climate action.
posted Nov 11, 2009
- How to beat denial and rescue the planet.
10 Ways to Change Your Life
by Colin Beavanposted Nov 11, 2009
- "No Impact Man's" picks for getting started on a climate-friendly life.
Climate Hero Lorelei Scarbro
posted Nov 10, 2009
- An Appalachian grandmother says no to coal, yes to wind power.
Climate Hero Sharon Hanshaw
by Kate Sheppardposted Nov 10, 2009
- Left homeless after Hurricane Katrina, she fights for communities that will suffer most from climate impacts.
Resource Guide for Climate Action
by Heather Purserposted Nov 10, 2009
- Movements and resources to save our climate now.
Discussion Guide: Climate Action
by Keeley Hardingposted Nov 10, 2009
- Includes article summaries and questions to spark your discussion around the YES! Magazine Climate Action issue.
Military Leaders Call for Urgent Climate Action
by Brooke Jarvisposted Oct 30, 2009
- Climate change is teaching military leaders to think about security in a new way.
World’s Citizens to Politicians: Get Serious on Global Warming Now!
by Richard Scloveposted Oct 29, 2009
- A new worldwide poll on climate change reflects a global consensus for urgent action—and sets a precedent for deliberative democracy at the international level.
A Wave of Climate Action
by Richard Gravesposted Oct 28, 2009
- An international day of action heralded the emergence of a global grassroots climate movement. Next up: December 12.
Clean Energy Works: Portland Project a Model for Green Stimulus
by Roger Valdezposted Oct 26, 2009
- In Portland, Recovery Act funds are 'laying the foundation for long-term economic, environmental, and community health.'
Can We Reach 350?
posted Oct 23, 2009
- As expectations for action in Copenhagen diminish, activists are raising their voices. Amy Goodman interviews Bill McKibben, co-founder and director of 350.org, and Australian scientist Tim Flannery, chair of the Copenhagen Climate Council and author of The Weather Makers.
350 :: The Most Important Number in the World
by Bill McKibbenposted Oct 15, 2009
- From Mount Everest to the Maldives, people worldwide are turning an arcane number into a movement for a stable climate. Bill McKibben asks: Will you join them?