Joining together to avert catastrophe.
Meet the New Climate Heroes: Faces of the Frontline
by Kristin Moeposted Oct 25, 2013
- Not all of these young people focus directly on climate change in their work. But it tends to take a prominent position in their worldview, which sees issues of race, class, labor, and environment as inextricably connected.
Why the Climate Movement Should Have No "Keystone"
by Arielle Klagsbrun, David Osborn, Maryam Andragi, Kirby Spanglerposted Oct 21, 2013
- We must call for what we really need—an end to all new fossil fuel infrastructure and extraction.
Writer and Farmer Wendell Berry on Hope, Direct Action, and the "Resettling" of the American Countryside
by YES! online staffposted Oct 11, 2013
- In this rare television interview, the poet, farmer, and activist Wendell Berry discusses his vision for a society in harmony with the planet.
Why the Corporate Media's Climate Change Censorship Is Only Half the Story
by Sarah van Gelderposted Oct 11, 2013
- Of course the media needs to start talking honestly about climate change. But there's more to the issue than just gloom and doom.
Jane Goodall on Climate Change, Technology, and What Makes Us Different From Chimps
by Katrina Rabelerposted Oct 11, 2013
- We caught up with the primatologist and activist at the International Women's Earth and Climate Summit, where she was helping to draft a declaration on how to move forward on climate change.
Timeline of the Climate Movement: How Direct Action Took Center Stage
by Kristin Moeposted Oct 02, 2013
- How can we understand a movement as global, complex, and diverse as the one that's trying to stop climate change? As a start, we've used this timeline to gather events that took place over the past 10 years. Let us know in the comments if you see something we missed!
"The Other Keystone": Seattle Gears Up for Direct Action Against Coal Export Plan
by Rachael Stoeveposted Sep 27, 2013
- A showdown over fossil fuel projects that would exacerbate climate change is brewing in the Emerald City.
Women's Knowledge: Three Reasons We Won't Solve Climate Change Without It
by Katrina Rabelerposted Sep 20, 2013
- When it comes to solving the climate crisis, the world can't afford to ignore women's voices.
India Killed Off Most of Its Vultures—Here's Why It Cost Their Economy Billions
by YES! online staffposted Sep 13, 2013
- When about 97 percent of India's vultures died due to eating carcasses that contained a drug called diclofenac, it caused a boom in the feral dog population. The resulting rabies epidemic cost India billions of dollars between 1993 and 2006.
#FearlessSummer: How the Battle to Stop Climate Change Got Ferocious
by Kristin Moeposted Sep 10, 2013
- A series of actions that took place this summer helped to shift the climate movement's center of gravity.
One Thing College Alumni Can Do about Climate Change Right Now
by Laurent Dalozposted Aug 29, 2013
- I've respectfully informed my alma mater that, until it divests its holdings in the fossil fuel industry—coal, oil, tar sands, and fracked natural gas—I will not donate another cent.
Confessions of a Climate Change Denier
by Yotam Maromposted Jul 31, 2013
- The fight for the climate isn’t a separate movement. It’s both a challenge and an opportunity for all of our movements.
“We’re Not Going Anywhere”: Sandy-Struck Neighborhoods Rebuild for Resilience
by YES! online staffposted Jul 24, 2013
- Climate change has turned up the volume, making “superstorms” like Sandy more likely. In this documentary, Clodagh McGowan introduces you to coastal homeowners who are rebuilding their houses to withstand the next big one.
President Obama’s Climate Speech: Is It Enough?
by YES! online staffposted Jun 27, 2013
- Thom Hartmann and YES! executive editor Sarah van Gelder discuss the president’s speech on climate change. Is it a first step toward climate justice? Or is it too little, too late?
An Intimate Look Inside the Climate Justice Movement
by YES! online staffposted Jun 14, 2013
- The film Blockadia Rising documents the campaign of direct action against the Keystone XL pipeline.