YES! Magazine brings you powerful ideas and practical actions from Copenhagen.
12 Innovations From the '00s That Could Save Us
by Sarah van GelderJan 01, 2010
- With climate disruption, war, and a faltering economy, the '00s were tough. Still, seeds were sewn for a more green and egalitarian 2010s. And peoples movements offer the power to make real change happen.
Copenhagen: Just a Cop Out?
by Tom AthanasiouDec 22, 2009
- Despite its disappointments, Copenhagen marks a turning point—the end of denial. What's next is recognizing that our climate problem is really a justice problem.
Climate Deal: Not Done Yet
by Sarah van GelderDec 20, 2009
- Leading climate justice groups are signaling that the extraordinary global climate movement that came together in Copenhangen is just the beginning.
Weak Deal from Copenhagen
by Brooke JarvisDec 18, 2009
- Though some are defending the agreement as a first step, climate activists and residents of the Global South say that the precedent set by the agreement is a dangerous one.
Climate Shame, Climate Hope
by Jamie HennDec 18, 2009
- Jamie Henn: Though many of the people that I have been talking to here in Copenhagen remain doggedly hopeful, their hope has little to do with our supposed “leaders." It has to do with all of you.
Copenhagen's Big Day
by Alison HammDec 18, 2009
- The arrival of world leaders, including President Obama, is shaking up the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen.
President Obama's Copenhagen Remarks
Dec 18, 2009
- The president's December 18 speech to the United Nations Climate Change Conference.
Crossroads in Copenhagen
by Phaedra Ellis-LamkinsDec 17, 2009
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins discusses the conflicting emotions that Copenhagen causes.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo NubeDec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.
Hungry in Copenhagen
by Bill McKibbenDec 17, 2009
- Bill McKibben: A day of fasting isn't the only reason why activists in Copenhagen are hungry today.
Amy Goodman Reports from Copenhagen
by Brooke JarvisDec 16, 2009
- Video: Amy Goodman on ecological debt, massive marches, and the latest from "the Bella of the beast," the heart of the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen.
From the Halls of Copenhagen
by Dominic FrongilloDec 16, 2009
- As negotiations heat up and international leaders begin to arrive at the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen, grassroots pressure is increasing.
Democracy Now! Live Stream from Copenhagen
Dec 16, 2009
- Democracy Now! streams live from the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen.
Streaming Live From Copenhagen
Dec 16, 2009
- OneClimate.net streams live from the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen.
Tensions Mount in Copenhagen
by Alison HammDec 16, 2009
- NGO representatives walk out of climate negotiations, police clash with protesters, and all eyes turn to the U.S. and China.