Protecting the web of life.
Harnessing the Multiplier Effect
by Nathanael Masseyposted Jun 17, 2011
- We're all familiar with vicious cycles. But what happens when solutions build on each other?
A Link Between Tornadoes and Climate Change? Never!
posted Jun 08, 2011
- Tornadoes, fires, floods, crop failures—they're all isolated events, right? This powerful video helps connect the dots of the climate catastrophe.
Connecting Prisons With Nature
by Benjamin Drummond, Sara Joy Steeleposted May 06, 2011
- Video: Can prisons save money and the environment while changing lives?
Film Review: Queen of the Sun
posted May 01, 2011
- How bees can save us—but only if we save them.
Wildlife Right of Way
by Sarah Kuckposted Apr 28, 2011
- Big mammals shouldn't be a casualty of modern society. They could make a comeback—if we give them what they need most: room to roam.
How to Fight Fracking and Win
posted Apr 26, 2011
- What started as one couple's fight against gas drilling in their local park grew into a campaign to save more than 700,000 acres of Pennsylvania forest.
Learning from the Biosphere
by David Kortenposted Apr 25, 2011
- Life provides us with time-tested system design principles. We violate them at our peril.
What’s the Harm in Hunting?
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Apr 22, 2011
- It's an expression of our most fundamental relationship with nature, but can you really be moral and be a hunter, too? Our intern headed into the wild to find out.
20,000 New Species Under the Sea
by Lynsi Burtonposted Apr 13, 2011
- Who lives in the ocean? The world's first census of the sea introduces thousands of new creatures, and the impact we're having on them.
What’s So Special About Humans?
by James Trimarcoposted Apr 13, 2011
- We take for granted that humans have rights. Courts say corporations do, too. Now, there’s growing interest in rights for Nature and animals.
The Teatime Series
by Betty Udesenposted Mar 30, 2011
- How backyard hummingbirds gave a healing photojournalist a new lens on life.
YES! But How? Peat-Free Potting
by Caitlin Battersbyposted Mar 30, 2011
- How can I make my own environmentally friendly potting soil?
Joel Salatin: How to Eat Animals and Respect Them, Too
by Madeline Ostranderposted Mar 27, 2011
- Why this foodie farmer believes sustainable farming includes meat.
YES! Picks: Dispensing Seed Bombs
by Caitlin Battersbyposted Mar 01, 2011
- Seed bombs are a favorite tool of guerrilla gardeners for planting flowers on derelict ground.
What Lies Beneath
posted Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.