Protecting the web of life.
All Hands on Deck
by Riki Ottposted May 13, 2010
- What can you do to respond to the Gulf oil spill?
Meet the Riverkeepers
by Margit Christensonposted May 13, 2010
- Meet citizen riverkeepers from Milwaukee, Atlanta, and Washington D.C.
Leave It to Beavers?
by Ashlee Greenposted May 13, 2010
- Nature's water engineers can restore river channels.
The End of the Long Summer
by Sherry Boschertposted Apr 13, 2010
- A new book by a leading science writer tells what we need to do to survive climate change.
People We Love :: Ricardo Navarro
by Ashlee Greenposted Apr 13, 2010
- Choosing a sustainable path.
An Interview With Paolo Lugari, Founder of Las Gaviotas
posted Feb 10, 2010
- Paolo Lugari, the founder of Las Gaviotas in Colombia, describes how the incredible energy of the human spirit has made Las Gaviotas into a world-famous example of sustainable living in a harsh environment.
Big News for Small Forests
by Ian Hannaposted Jan 07, 2010
- Sustainable, small-scale working forests are feeling the economic pinch. But nonprofit groups are helping family- and community-owned woodlands thrive by connecting them with carbon markets.
Activists Wrangle Forest Victories from Corporations
by Laura Kaliebeposted Dec 15, 2009
- Fierce pressure from activists has led several major corporations to change purchasing practices linked to deforestation.
Activists Drop Tar Sands Banner Over Niagara Falls
posted Sep 18, 2009
- The Rain Forest Action Network dropped a 70 foot banner over Niagara Falls as a call to action and message to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper during his first official visit to the White House.
People We Love: John Halas
by Lynsi Burtonposted Sep 18, 2009
- Buoying coral reefs
Journey to Midway
by Brooke Jarvisposted Sep 16, 2009
- Follow the journey of five media artists, led by photographer Chris Jordan, to Midway to witness the catastrophic effect of our disposable culture on some of the world’s most beautiful and symbolic creatures.
Signs of Life :: Act Two for Clean Water
by Madeline Ostranderposted Aug 28, 2009
- The U.S. Senate may be poised to undo a Bush-era policy that undercut protection of the nation’s waterways.
Update: Hudson River Serves Up Oysters Redux
posted Aug 14, 2009
- An update on oyster restoration efforts around NYC.
Oysters Return to the Hudson
posted Aug 14, 2009
- Find out how scientists in New York are working to replenish oyster populations in the waters around the city.
Restoring the Range: Can Beef Be Earth Friendly?
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 13, 2009
- A South Dakota ranch family restored a prairie, wildlife habitat, and a creek—here’s how.