Standing up for our health and homes.
Drafting Nature's Constitution
posted Mar 02, 2010
- Video: Simply regulating pollution will never really stop it. Mari Margil of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund discusses why we need a fundamental change in the way we use law to protect nature.
Crude :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2010
- What is the real price of oil? This 2009 documentary investigates the $27 billion class action environmental lawsuit against Chevron for pollution.
Curriculum & Resources: Green Jobs and Green Buildings
posted Jan 25, 2010
- Lesson plans, hands-on activities, and award-winning projects on green building and economies will demonstrate to your students that there’s a better, sustainable, and just future that they can help build, shape, and design.
"Regulators Should No Longer Ignore Rigorous Science"
by Sandra Diazposted Jan 11, 2010
- In a broad new study, scientists conclude that the impacts of mountaintop removal are "pervasive and irreversible."
Crossroads in Copenhagen
by Phaedra Ellis-Lamkinsposted Dec 17, 2009
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins discusses the conflicting emotions that Copenhagen causes.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo Nubeposted Dec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.
People We Love :: Otana Jakpor
by Heather Purserposted Dec 15, 2009
- Lobbying for clean air.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
Global South Demands Climate Justice
by Jennifer Krill, Adrian Wilson.posted Dec 09, 2009
- Delegates from developing nations are worried about the fairness of the COP-15 process after the leakage of an early negotiation text.
Appalachia Fights for a Green Future
by Bob Kincaidposted Dec 08, 2009
- Appalachian residents are calling on environmental protection agencies to stand up to mountaintop removal.
Climate Hero Clayton Thomas-Müller
posted Dec 01, 2009
- Clayton Thomas-Müller is working to keep corporations from privatizing the atmosphere, as they have privatized the land and exploited the natural resources that once belonged to the First Nations of Canada.
The "Battle in Seattle" at 10
by Mark Englerposted Nov 30, 2009
- WTO+10: Did the 1999 protests against the World Trade Organization actually make a difference?
Last Mountain Standing: Coal River Valley Residents Fight for Wind Farm
by Jed Grubbsposted Nov 24, 2009
- The last intact mountain in West Virginia's Coal River Valley is slated for mountaintop removal coal mining. Local residents have other ideas.
Homo Toxicus :: Film Trailer
posted Nov 10, 2009
- How many toxins are in our bodies? Carole Poliquin investigates in this documentary.
What's Your Connection to Mountaintop Removal?
posted Nov 10, 2009
- Power plants across the country use coal from destroyed mountains. Search your zip code to meet the communities and landscapes to which you're connected.