Standing up for our health and homes.
Rewriting Education for the Real World
posted Dec 19, 2010
- Video: The Environmental Charter High School is making an impact on students, the community, and the planet.
Kicking the Habit: Air Travel in the Time of Climate Change
by Joseph Nevinsposted Dec 13, 2010
- Air travel is neither just nor sustainable. So how can environmental justice activists make a global difference?
Maude Barlow: Read Me My Environmental Rights
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 03, 2010
- An international movement—of governments, scientists, and activists—is bringing a focus on environmental rights to the climate negotiations in Cancún.
In Mexico City, a Message for Cancún
by Laura Carlsenposted Dec 02, 2010
- Why peasant farmers in Mexico are taking the UN climate negotiations seriously.
Pittsburgh Bans Natural Gas Drilling
by Mari Margil, Ben Priceposted Nov 16, 2010
- A historic new ordinance bans natural gas drilling while elevating community decision making and the rights of nature over the “rights” associated with corporate personhood.
Film Trailer: Living Downstream
posted Nov 15, 2010
- A documentary that follows ecologist and cancer survivor Sandra Steingraber, as she explores the seemingly unnatural causes of cancer.
The Story of Electronics
posted Nov 09, 2010
- Video: Annie Leonard explains why “designed for the dump” electronics are toxic to people and the planet … and what to do about it.
People We Love :: Nadia Janjua
by Tiffany Ranposted Sep 29, 2010
- Combining Islam and the environment
People We Love :: Tab Benoit
by Kelly Sheaposted Sep 29, 2010
- Music to heal the Gulf
Appalachia Rising for a New Economy
by Brooke Jarvisposted Sep 28, 2010
- Appalachian residents are serious about putting a stop to mountaintop removal coal mining—and building a more sustainable economy to take its place.
From Vacant City Lots to Food On the Table
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 17, 2010
- How to grow food where we need it.
Lessons from the Gulf: How Can We Better Prepare for Disasters?
by Chris Krommposted Aug 27, 2010
- Poverty and inequality magnified Hurricane Katrina’s effect on the Gulf. A resilient New Orleans means addressing these social issues first.
A Crisis of Democracy: Real Solutions to the BP Oil Spill
by Brooke Jarvisposted Aug 23, 2010
- For Gulf residents, the BP oil spill has made the problem of unchecked corporate power painfully clear. Exxon Valdez survivor Riki Ott on why this may be the moment to overcome our political divides and take back our democracy.
Unlikely Alliances in Fight for Sacred Lands
by Tess Thackaraposted Aug 12, 2010
- Major shareholders are joining the Dongria Kondh tribe's fight to protect their homeland from mining by Vedanta Resources.
The BP Oil Spill: Time to Get Unreasonable
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jul 23, 2010
- Shrimper Diane Wilson might be going to jail for her high-profile protests against BP. Why is she so sure it’s worth it?