Standing up for our health and homes.
Replacing Coal with Green Jobs in Navajo Nation
by Yvonne Liuposted May 11, 2010
- Shutting down coal mines was a first step. Now Navajo activists are working for a new, green-jobs economy.
Cochabamba Postscript: Lessons, Reflections, and the Road to Cancun
by Jason Negrón-Gonzalesposted Apr 26, 2010
- There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the alliance gathering around grassroots solutions.
People We Love :: Beverly Wright
by Berit Andersonposted Apr 13, 2010
- Cleaning up New Orleans
The High Cost of Cheap Coal
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 07, 2010
- More and more people are recalculating the true price of coal and deciding it’s simply too high to pay.
Drafting Nature's Constitution
posted Mar 02, 2010
- Video: Simply regulating pollution will never really stop it. Mari Margil of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund discusses why we need a fundamental change in the way we use law to protect nature.
Crude :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2010
- What is the real price of oil? This 2009 documentary investigates the $27 billion class action environmental lawsuit against Chevron for pollution.
Curriculum & Resources: Green Jobs and Green Buildings
posted Jan 25, 2010
- Lesson plans, hands-on activities, and award-winning projects on green building and economies will demonstrate to your students that there’s a better, sustainable, and just future that they can help build, shape, and design.
"Regulators Should No Longer Ignore Rigorous Science"
by Sandra Diazposted Jan 11, 2010
- In a broad new study, scientists conclude that the impacts of mountaintop removal are "pervasive and irreversible."
Crossroads in Copenhagen
by Phaedra Ellis-Lamkinsposted Dec 17, 2009
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins discusses the conflicting emotions that Copenhagen causes.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo Nubeposted Dec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.
People We Love :: Otana Jakpor
by Heather Purserposted Dec 15, 2009
- Lobbying for clean air.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
Global South Demands Climate Justice
by Jennifer Krill, Adrian Wilson.posted Dec 09, 2009
- Delegates from developing nations are worried about the fairness of the COP-15 process after the leakage of an early negotiation text.
Appalachia Fights for a Green Future
by Bob Kincaidposted Dec 08, 2009
- Appalachian residents are calling on environmental protection agencies to stand up to mountaintop removal.
Climate Hero Clayton Thomas-Müller
posted Dec 01, 2009
- Clayton Thomas-Müller is working to keep corporations from privatizing the atmosphere, as they have privatized the land and exploited the natural resources that once belonged to the First Nations of Canada.