People We Love: Mari Rose Taruc
by Alyssa B. JohnsonMar 11, 2011
- Environmental justice for all.
Sitting In with Wendell Berry
by Jeff BiggersFeb 17, 2011
- An interview with Wendell Berry midway through his four-day sit-in in the Kentucky governor's office in protest of mountaintop removal coal mining.
Van Jones: The Economic Injustice of Plastic
by Van JonesJan 27, 2011
- Video: How plastic unfairly harms the poor—and what the rest of us can do about it.
A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra DiazJan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
In Memory of Judy Bonds
by Robert ShetterlyJan 10, 2011
- Artist Robert Shetterly remembers a coal miner's daughter who took on the coal industry.
Mountain Memories: Interview with Judy Bonds
by Taylor Lee KirklandJan 07, 2011
- West Virginia activist Judy Bonds died of cancer this week. Before she died, she gave this interview about fighting to save her home from mountaintop removal coal mining.
Walking Gently on the Earth
by Rev. Wendy BellDec 19, 2010
- Making faithful choices about food, energy, shelter, and more.
Rewriting Education for the Real World
Dec 19, 2010
- Video: The Environmental Charter High School is making an impact on students, the community, and the planet.
Kicking the Habit: Air Travel in the Time of Climate Change
by Joseph NevinsDec 13, 2010
- Air travel is neither just nor sustainable. So how can environmental justice activists make a global difference?
Maude Barlow: Read Me My Environmental Rights
by Madeline OstranderDec 03, 2010
- An international movement—of governments, scientists, and activists—is bringing a focus on environmental rights to the climate negotiations in Cancún.
In Mexico City, a Message for Cancún
by Laura CarlsenDec 02, 2010
- Why peasant farmers in Mexico are taking the UN climate negotiations seriously.
Pittsburgh Bans Natural Gas Drilling
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceNov 16, 2010
- A historic new ordinance bans natural gas drilling while elevating community decision making and the rights of nature over the “rights” associated with corporate personhood.
Film Trailer: Living Downstream
Nov 15, 2010
- A documentary that follows ecologist and cancer survivor Sandra Steingraber, as she explores the seemingly unnatural causes of cancer.
The Story of Electronics
Nov 09, 2010
- Video: Annie Leonard explains why “designed for the dump” electronics are toxic to people and the planet … and what to do about it.
People We Love :: Nadia Janjua
by Tiffany RanSep 29, 2010
- Combining Islam and the environment