Standing up for our health and homes.
Tim DeChristopher: The Climate Movement Needs to Step It Up
posted Apr 18, 2011
- Speaking at Power Shift 2011, activist Tim DeChristopher says it's high time the environmental movement stop just making statements—and start taking a stand.
Turning Points: Is a Different Future Possible?
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Apr 11, 2011
- With the citizen-backed blockage of a proposed aluminum smelter, is Trinidad and Tobago changing course toward a rooted future?
Feeding the World: It’s Not About Quantity
by Danielle Nierenberg, Mara Schecterposted Apr 08, 2011
- The resilience of our food supply is as much about the quality and diversity of our food sources as it is about how much we produce.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
People We Love: Mari Rose Taruc
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Mar 11, 2011
- Environmental justice for all.
Sitting In with Wendell Berry
by Jeff Biggersposted Feb 17, 2011
- An interview with Wendell Berry midway through his four-day sit-in in the Kentucky governor's office in protest of mountaintop removal coal mining.
Van Jones: The Economic Injustice of Plastic
by Van Jonesposted Jan 27, 2011
- Video: How plastic unfairly harms the poor—and what the rest of us can do about it.
A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra Diazposted Jan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
In Memory of Judy Bonds
by Robert Shetterlyposted Jan 10, 2011
- Artist Robert Shetterly remembers a coal miner's daughter who took on the coal industry.
Mountain Memories: Interview with Judy Bonds
by Taylor Lee Kirklandposted Jan 07, 2011
- West Virginia activist Judy Bonds died of cancer this week. Before she died, she gave this interview about fighting to save her home from mountaintop removal coal mining.
Walking Gently on the Earth
by Rev. Wendy Bellposted Dec 19, 2010
- Making faithful choices about food, energy, shelter, and more.
Rewriting Education for the Real World
posted Dec 19, 2010
- Video: The Environmental Charter High School is making an impact on students, the community, and the planet.
Kicking the Habit: Air Travel in the Time of Climate Change
by Joseph Nevinsposted Dec 13, 2010
- Air travel is neither just nor sustainable. So how can environmental justice activists make a global difference?
Maude Barlow: Read Me My Environmental Rights
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 03, 2010
- An international movement—of governments, scientists, and activists—is bringing a focus on environmental rights to the climate negotiations in Cancún.
In Mexico City, a Message for Cancún
by Laura Carlsenposted Dec 02, 2010
- Why peasant farmers in Mexico are taking the UN climate negotiations seriously.