Standing up for our health and homes.
Climate Hero Clayton Thomas-Müller
posted Dec 01, 2009
- Clayton Thomas-Müller is working to keep corporations from privatizing the atmosphere, as they have privatized the land and exploited the natural resources that once belonged to the First Nations of Canada.
The "Battle in Seattle" at 10
by Mark Englerposted Nov 30, 2009
- WTO+10: Did the 1999 protests against the World Trade Organization actually make a difference?
Last Mountain Standing: Coal River Valley Residents Fight for Wind Farm
by Jed Grubbsposted Nov 24, 2009
- The last intact mountain in West Virginia's Coal River Valley is slated for mountaintop removal coal mining. Local residents have other ideas.
Homo Toxicus :: Film Trailer
posted Nov 10, 2009
- How many toxins are in our bodies? Carole Poliquin investigates in this documentary.
What's Your Connection to Mountaintop Removal?
posted Nov 10, 2009
- Power plants across the country use coal from destroyed mountains. Search your zip code to meet the communities and landscapes to which you're connected.
People We Love :: Marisol Becerra
by Heather Purserposted Sep 18, 2009
- Fighting pollution in Little Village
Brower Youth Award Winner Marisol Becerra
posted Aug 14, 2009
- Youth Leads in Environmental Protection
In Review :: Justicia Now
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted May 07, 2009
- Lisa Garrigues reviews this documentary about Ecuador’s oil wars.
Excerpt: Soil Not Oil
by Vandana Shivaposted May 06, 2009
- Why we need to kick petroleum out of our farms.
posted Apr 30, 2009
- Justicia Now is a documentary about ChevronTexaco's toxic legacy in the Northern Ecuadorian region of the Amazon rainforest—and the largest environmental class action lawsuit in history.
Uniting and Building Movements
by Van Jones, Sarah van Gelderposted Dec 10, 2008
- Van Jones has been a critical bridge between the environmental and social justice worlds through his call for green collar jobs. Sarah van Gelder asked him what it was like for him to act as that bridge.
Carl Pope & Van Jones
by Van Jones, Carl Popeposted Jun 09, 2008
- Carl Pope and Van Jones discuss Environmentalism, New Media, Civil Rights, the Economy
People We Love :: Erica Fernandez
posted Feb 03, 2008
- 16 year-old Erica Fernandez received a 2007 Brower Youth award for her campaign to stop the building of a liquefied natural gas plant.
People We Love
posted Jul 29, 2007
- People We Love: Kelydra Weckler, Reverend Todd Eklof, Lauren Jacobs, Corbin Harney
Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 27, 2007
- Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey during the Freedom Caravan to the US Social Forum