Standing up for our health and homes.
Cochabamba Postscript: Lessons, Reflections, and the Road to Cancun
by Jason Negrón-Gonzalesposted Apr 26, 2010
- There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the alliance gathering around grassroots solutions.
People We Love :: Beverly Wright
by Berit Andersonposted Apr 13, 2010
- Cleaning up New Orleans
The High Cost of Cheap Coal
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 07, 2010
- More and more people are recalculating the true price of coal and deciding it’s simply too high to pay.
Drafting Nature's Constitution
posted Mar 02, 2010
- Video: Simply regulating pollution will never really stop it. Mari Margil of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund discusses why we need a fundamental change in the way we use law to protect nature.
Crude :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2010
- What is the real price of oil? This 2009 documentary investigates the $27 billion class action environmental lawsuit against Chevron for pollution.
Curriculum & Resources: Green Jobs and Green Buildings
posted Jan 25, 2010
- Lesson plans, hands-on activities, and award-winning projects on green building and economies will demonstrate to your students that there’s a better, sustainable, and just future that they can help build, shape, and design.
"Regulators Should No Longer Ignore Rigorous Science"
by Sandra Diazposted Jan 11, 2010
- In a broad new study, scientists conclude that the impacts of mountaintop removal are "pervasive and irreversible."
Crossroads in Copenhagen
by Phaedra Ellis-Lamkinsposted Dec 17, 2009
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins discusses the conflicting emotions that Copenhagen causes.
It's Too Late to Compromise on Climate
by Mateo Nubeposted Dec 17, 2009
- Mateo Nube: With survival at stake, the world can still come together over values like sharing and accountability.
People We Love :: Otana Jakpor
by Heather Purserposted Dec 15, 2009
- Lobbying for clean air.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
Global South Demands Climate Justice
by Jennifer Krill, Adrian Wilson.posted Dec 09, 2009
- Delegates from developing nations are worried about the fairness of the COP-15 process after the leakage of an early negotiation text.
Appalachia Fights for a Green Future
by Bob Kincaidposted Dec 08, 2009
- Appalachian residents are calling on environmental protection agencies to stand up to mountaintop removal.
Climate Hero Clayton Thomas-Müller
posted Dec 01, 2009
- Clayton Thomas-Müller is working to keep corporations from privatizing the atmosphere, as they have privatized the land and exploited the natural resources that once belonged to the First Nations of Canada.
The "Battle in Seattle" at 10
by Mark Englerposted Nov 30, 2009
- WTO+10: Did the 1999 protests against the World Trade Organization actually make a difference?