Standing up for our health and homes.
Economic Rebirth After the Storm
by Meizhu Luiposted Feb 24, 2006
- United for a Fair Economy helps the devastated Houma Nation organize a new economic model for itself.
Just, Green & Beautiful Cities
by Carl Anthonyposted Jun 03, 2005
- Carl Anthony on the regional equity movement, and making cities work.
Two Crises, One Solution
by Van Jonesposted May 25, 2005
- We face devastation of the natural world and violence in human communities. There's a way to solve both these crises. A reverence movement would anchor a different economics, a restorative economics. Working with nature, we can create wealth sustainably and spread it more equitably. Solution-based, investment-driven environmentalism.
The Green Belt Movement :: The Story of Wangari Maathai
by Mia MacDonaldposted Mar 25, 2005
- Wangari Maathai, founder of Kenya's Green Belt Movement, recently won the Nobel Peace Prize. Her message: Peace is founded in healthy ecosystems, access to natural resources, and democracy.
Principles of Environmental Justice
posted Mar 31, 2003
- Declaration from the People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit.
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa Sarosposted Sep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"
Peace Trees, Vietnam
by Gay-Wynn Cooperposted Jun 30, 1999
- Although public opinion has turned against the use of landmines, a large number remain active, a lethal reminder of wars long over. One group of Americans and Vietnamese are removing landmines and restoring an indigenous ecosystem ...
Mothers For Eco-justice
by Tracy Rysavyposted Jun 30, 1998
- Mothers in East Los Angeles, Detroit, and other communities started out saying "no" to toxic neighbors. Now they are also building a future for their cities.
by Heidi Werverposted Mar 31, 1998
- Traditional methods didn't work for the troubled students at the Pan Terra Alternative High School, so counselor Larry Davies turned to nature to help teach and heal them.