Standing up for our health and homes.
Cornerstones of a Rooted Economy
by Robin Broad, John Cavanaghposted Apr 25, 2011
- Can the small fishers of Trinidad and Tobago become pillars of a new economy when the oil- and gas-based economy finally runs dry?
The Law of Mother Earth: Behind Bolivia’s Historic Bill
by Nick Buxtonposted Apr 21, 2011
- A new law expected to pass in Bolivia mandates a fundamental ecological reorientation of the nation's economy and society.
A Message from the Gulf: It’s Not Over
by Cherri Foytlinposted Apr 20, 2011
- A year after the BP oil spill, Cherri Foytlin walked 1,243 miles to send a message: this disaster is far from over.
Tim DeChristopher: The Climate Movement Needs to Step It Up
posted Apr 18, 2011
- Speaking at Power Shift 2011, activist Tim DeChristopher says it's high time the environmental movement stop just making statements—and start taking a stand.
Turning Points: Is a Different Future Possible?
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Apr 11, 2011
- With the citizen-backed blockage of a proposed aluminum smelter, is Trinidad and Tobago changing course toward a rooted future?
Feeding the World: It’s Not About Quantity
by Danielle Nierenberg, Mara Schecterposted Apr 08, 2011
- The resilience of our food supply is as much about the quality and diversity of our food sources as it is about how much we produce.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
People We Love: Mari Rose Taruc
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Mar 11, 2011
- Environmental justice for all.
Sitting In with Wendell Berry
by Jeff Biggersposted Feb 17, 2011
- An interview with Wendell Berry midway through his four-day sit-in in the Kentucky governor's office in protest of mountaintop removal coal mining.
Van Jones: The Economic Injustice of Plastic
by Van Jonesposted Jan 27, 2011
- Video: How plastic unfairly harms the poor—and what the rest of us can do about it.
A Turning Point for Mountaintop Removal?
by Sandra Diazposted Jan 14, 2011
- In an historic move, the EPA has vetoed a permit for mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia.
In Memory of Judy Bonds
by Robert Shetterlyposted Jan 10, 2011
- Artist Robert Shetterly remembers a coal miner's daughter who took on the coal industry.
Mountain Memories: Interview with Judy Bonds
by Taylor Lee Kirklandposted Jan 07, 2011
- West Virginia activist Judy Bonds died of cancer this week. Before she died, she gave this interview about fighting to save her home from mountaintop removal coal mining.
Walking Gently on the Earth
by Rev. Wendy Bellposted Dec 19, 2010
- Making faithful choices about food, energy, shelter, and more.
Rewriting Education for the Real World
posted Dec 19, 2010
- Video: The Environmental Charter High School is making an impact on students, the community, and the planet.