Healthy for you, your community, and the planet.
3 Pillars of a Food Revolution
by Anna Lappéposted Aug 19, 2010
- As marketers learn to fake climate-friendly food, how do we spot the real thing? Anna Lappé says it's a question of values.
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Video: Sharing knowledge with the community, Fallen Fruit provides maps for locals to make use of public fruit trees.
Restoring Biodiversity in Cuba
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Video: Learning from one another, scientists and farmers are working together to fix the agricultural system in Cuba.
The Real Story of Racism at the USDA
by Chris Krommposted Jul 26, 2010
- Years of discrimination from the USDA forced black farmers off their land.
UN Calls for Climate Friendly Diet
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Jun 23, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé welcomes the recent report, and reminds us that global food problems are about justice, not scarcity.
Detroit’s Renewal: Can It Inspire the Social Forum?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 21, 2010
- Detroit is known for its decay, violence, and gas-guzzling cars. With thousands of activists coming to town, will it also become known as a source of hope?
Haitian Farmers: So All Can Eat, Produce It Here
by Doudou Pierre with Beverly Bellposted Jun 15, 2010
- Haitians are working to make food sovereignty a key part of post-earthquake rebuilding.
The School Lunch Revolution
by Mark Winneposted Jun 07, 2010
- A new book uncovers the best reasons yet for unconditional school food reform.
Environment and Food in Haiti: Two Crises, One Solution
by Beverly Bellposted Jun 02, 2010
- Haiti's strong peasant movement is calling for policies and programs that can help restore the land and protect small-scale sustainable agricultural production from agribusiness.
Food in Dry Times
by Frederick Kirschenmannposted May 27, 2010
- An old North Dakota farm is a laboratory for growing food when water runs short.
People We Love :: Monica Beemer
by Keith Rutowskiposted May 27, 2010
- Advocating for the homeless
People We Love :: Diana Lopez
by Ashlee Greenposted May 27, 2010
- Growing Roots of Change for community.
Reflections on a Growing Local Food Movement
by Richard Conlinposted May 27, 2010
- The movement to transform our country’s food system is picking up steam—and the political environment has never been better.
The Work Ahead
by Shannon Hayesposted May 24, 2010
- Growing renewed relationships with our food, homes, and communities requires getting our hands dirty.
Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly Bellposted May 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.