Healthy for you, your community, and the planet.
The Work Ahead
by Shannon Hayesposted May 24, 2010
- Growing renewed relationships with our food, homes, and communities requires getting our hands dirty.
Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly Bellposted May 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.
Brower Youth Award Winner Diana Lopez
posted May 13, 2010
- Diana Lopez, 21, earned a Brower Youth Award for transforming an old San Antonio, Texas, bar into a community garden.
YES! But How? :: A Greener Pour
by Berit Andersonposted May 13, 2010
- I see more and more “green” boxed wines hitting the shelves at the supermarket. Are these really better for the environment?
The Case for Sustainable Meat
by Shannon Hayesposted May 12, 2010
- Can meat have a place in the life of a “radical homemaker” trying to live sustainably? Farmer Shannon Hayes believes it can.
Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution: Teach Every Child About Food
posted May 03, 2010
- Oliver passionately urges us to get food smart to live longer.
Yard for Share: My Hyperlocavore Garden
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Apr 13, 2010
- When the internet connects gardeners with available land, surprising things can happen.
People We Love :: Hai Vo
by Berit Andersonposted Apr 13, 2010
- Revamping the cafeteria menu.
Bringing it to the Table
by James Trimarcoposted Mar 30, 2010
- Wendell Berry on Farming and Food. Pragmatic and passionate insights appear in each of the 24 essays in Bringing it to the Table by Wendell Berry, reviewed here by James Trimarco.
A Greener Blue Cheese
by Christina Rebuffet-Broadusposted Mar 10, 2010
- French dairy farmers have turned their attention to farming practices that can sustain not only the future of the emblematic Roquefort cheese, but also the future of their work and their land.
African American Farmers Go Organic, Bring Healthy Food to Southeast
by Mark Winneposted Mar 05, 2010
- The Southeastern African-American Farmers Organic Network (SAAFON), helps members convert to organic agriculture, and organizes a farmers market in a park that was once off-limits to them.
A Future for Agriculture, A Future for Haiti
by Beverly Bellposted Mar 04, 2010
- Haiti's way forward is tied to food sovereignty and a renewed focus on local agriculture.
Sweden Labels Food With CO2 Data
by Jeff Raderstrongposted Feb 28, 2010
- The Swedish government announced new food guidelines that recommend eating habits based on greenhouse-gas emissions.
Food Rules for the Rest of Us
by Berit Andersonposted Feb 18, 2010
- Michael Pollan's real food message is important, but it's also a question of access.
Putting "Real" Food on Campus Plates
posted Feb 15, 2010
- Hai Vo, a student at the University of California Irvine helped found the Real Food Challenge, a national student movement to bring ecologically sound and community-based food to campus cafeterias.