UN Calls for Climate Friendly Diet
by Frances Moore LappeJun 23, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé welcomes the recent report, and reminds us that global food problems are about justice, not scarcity.
Detroit’s Renewal: Can It Inspire the Social Forum?
by Sarah van GelderJun 21, 2010
- Detroit is known for its decay, violence, and gas-guzzling cars. With thousands of activists coming to town, will it also become known as a source of hope?
Haitian Farmers: So All Can Eat, Produce It Here
by Doudou Pierre with Beverly BellJun 15, 2010
- Haitians are working to make food sovereignty a key part of post-earthquake rebuilding.
The School Lunch Revolution
by Mark WinneJun 07, 2010
- A new book uncovers the best reasons yet for unconditional school food reform.
Environment and Food in Haiti: Two Crises, One Solution
by Beverly BellJun 02, 2010
- Haiti's strong peasant movement is calling for policies and programs that can help restore the land and protect small-scale sustainable agricultural production from agribusiness.
Food in Dry Times
by Frederick KirschenmannMay 27, 2010
- An old North Dakota farm is a laboratory for growing food when water runs short.
People We Love :: Monica Beemer
by Keith RutowskiMay 27, 2010
- Advocating for the homeless
People We Love :: Diana Lopez
by Ashlee GreenMay 27, 2010
- Growing Roots of Change for community.
Reflections on a Growing Local Food Movement
by Richard ConlinMay 27, 2010
- The movement to transform our country’s food system is picking up steam—and the political environment has never been better.
The Work Ahead
by Shannon HayesMay 24, 2010
- Growing renewed relationships with our food, homes, and communities requires getting our hands dirty.
Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly BellMay 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.
Brower Youth Award Winner Diana Lopez
May 13, 2010
- Diana Lopez, 21, earned a Brower Youth Award for transforming an old San Antonio, Texas, bar into a community garden.
YES! But How? :: A Greener Pour
by Berit AndersonMay 13, 2010
- I see more and more “green” boxed wines hitting the shelves at the supermarket. Are these really better for the environment?
The Case for Sustainable Meat
by Shannon HayesMay 12, 2010
- Can meat have a place in the life of a “radical homemaker” trying to live sustainably? Farmer Shannon Hayes believes it can.
Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution: Teach Every Child About Food
May 03, 2010
- Oliver passionately urges us to get food smart to live longer.