The Surprising Healing Qualities ... of Dirt
by Daphne MillerDec 06, 2013
- A doctor discovers exposure to healthy farm soil holds keys to healthy bodies.
How The King of Portland's Deli Scene Cured His Diabetes Through Diet (and Kept the Pastrami)
by Ken GordonDec 04, 2013
- When this foodie chef was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, he figured out how to get healthy without giving up his favorite foods.
Frances Moore Lappé: Delicious Food Is Not An Indulgence—It’s a Way to Solve Our Ecological Crises
by Frances Moore LappeNov 27, 2013
- Since I first published “Diet for a Small Planet” in 1971, the movement for food that is good for our bodies and our planet has blossomed beyond what I ever imagined. Here’s how.
What Occupy Oakland Taught Me About Healthy Eating
by AshEL EldridgeNov 26, 2013
- We came to Occupy because of America’s dangerous gap between rich and poor. But equally distressing was how many of us suffered from diseases created by a food system that makes healthy food inaccessible to the poor.
How To Eat Like Our Lives Depend On It: Rediscovering the Many Joys of Food
by Sarah van GelderNov 19, 2013
- It's time to reclaim the well-being and exuberance that is part of healthy food culture.
Vandana Shiva On Resisting GMOs: "Saving Seeds Is a Political Act"
by Sarah van GelderNov 15, 2013
- Why the fight for biodiversity is about protecting life itself.
Will the Tropical Island of Kauai Be the Next Front in GMO Fight?
by Maureen Nandini MitraNov 14, 2013
- Local lawmakers will vote today on whether to overturn the mayor's veto of a bill to regulate the use of pesticides on the Hawaiian island.
Dear Michelle Obama: If We Want to Curb Childhood Obesity, Sesame Street Is Not Going to Cut It
by Erin SagenNov 08, 2013
- Can a licensing deal between Sesame Street and the Produce Marketing Association truly improve childhood health? Maybe, but grassroots solutions already exist.
Stephen Colbert on GMO Labeling Fail: "Just Eat It"
by YES! online staffNov 07, 2013
- Frustrated with Monsanto's latest triumph over the grassroots movement to label genetically modified foods? Stephen Colbert lets you laugh about it.
Monsanto May Have Won the Battle for I-522, But the Future of Food Is Not Lost
by Erin SagenNov 06, 2013
- As final results come in for Initiative 522, advocates of GMO labeling are saying we need to change the system, not just the supermarket.
Concealed by Shutdown-Related Headlines, a Big Week in Food Politics
by Erin SagenOct 18, 2013
- In case you were distracted by Tea Party antics this week, here's a rundown of important developments in GMOs, sustainable farming, and other food news.
Will a Secretive International Trade Deal Ban GMO Labeling?
by James TrimarcoOct 18, 2013
- The Trans Pacific Partnership is likely to be a setback for efforts to regulate and label GMO foods.
3 Ways Obamacare Will Help You Out (Even If You're Off the Grid)
by Shannon HayesOct 16, 2013
- Self-reliant farmer types may not think they need help from the government. But they need affordable health insurance at least as much as the rest of us.
Think You Understand GMO Labeling? Take Our Quiz and Find Out!
by Erin SagenOct 16, 2013
- Do you fully understand the complex layers of legal, scientific, and political information at play in the fight over Initiative 522?
Writer and Farmer Wendell Berry on Hope, Direct Action, and the "Resettling" of the American Countryside
by YES! online staffOct 11, 2013
- In this rare television interview, the poet, farmer, and activist Wendell Berry discusses his vision for a society in harmony with the planet.