Green Living Tips
How to shrink the footprint of everyday life.
YES! But How? Propagating Plants
by Caitlin Battersbyposted Mar 01, 2011
- I’d like to start a garden, but buying plants can be expensive. I’ve read of propagating cuttings using rooting hormones. Is there a natural way to propagate?
Colin Beavan: Advice From an Accidental Activist
by Colin Beavanposted Feb 15, 2011
- How a regular guy found some super power.
Just the Facts: Should We Eat Animals?
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Feb 01, 2011
- We can feed the world and still eat meat—but only a little bit.
Let It Snow: The ABCs of Winter Biking
by Jay Walljasperposted Jan 14, 2011
- Tips for winter riding from the coldest big city in America.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 8
posted Jan 10, 2011
- The first 7 days of the No Impact Experiment were as difficult as they were illuminating. Sunday's eco-sabbath was for reflecting on what it all means.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 7
posted Jan 09, 2011
- Our No Impact Week participants make a different sort of impact: giving back.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 6
posted Jan 08, 2011
- Water is life—and the challenge of using less of it really hit home. Check in with our participants on how they confronted their water footprints.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 5
posted Jan 07, 2011
- You've laid off the lights and turned down the heat. How are you staying warm?
Olubunmi Blogs on No Impact Week
by Olubunmi Isholaposted Jan 07, 2011
- Olubunmi Ishola is a No Impact skeptic, but she's willing to see if the experiment can prove her wrong.
Kathy Blogs on No Impact Week
by Kathy Kottarasposted Jan 06, 2011
- Mother, teacher, and eco-pilgrim Kathy Kottaras' lyrical take on the inner adventure of going No Impact.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 4
posted Jan 06, 2011
- You've completed Wednesday's food experiment and are halfway through No Impact Week: Our participants step up to the challenge of going local.
Grace Blogs on No Impact Week
by Grace Porterposted Jan 05, 2011
- Grace Porter is going it alone as the sole student at Bainbridge High School to take on the No Impact Week challenge.
Send Us Your No Impact Week Photos!
posted Jan 05, 2011
- We'll be selecting the top ones for a No Impact Week slideshow and a chance to win a subscription to YES!
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 3
posted Jan 05, 2011
- You've tried your luck at a day using alternative transportation. Did it work?
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 2
posted Jan 04, 2011
- You've completed your first full day of life with less trash. What was in your bag at the end of the day?