Stories From No Impact Sunday
Stories From No Impact Sunday: Consumption, on September 18th
YES! Magazine Blogs On No Impact Week
posted Sep 19, 2011
- With a homemade office rocket stove, a zero-waste flash mob, and a lights-out party, solutions for low-impact living are more fun than we thought.
Erin Blogs on No Impact Week
by Erin Collinsposted Sep 19, 2011
- After leaving a simple life in an ashram in India, Erin's figuring out how to live responsibly—and joyfully—in a challenging place: home.
Ta'Kaiya Blogs on No Impact Week
by Ta'Kaiya Blaneyposted Sep 19, 2011
- Ta'Kaiya is a First Nations 10-year-old who's already proven her dedication to the Earth through activist art. She's taking it a step further with No Impact Week, and seeing how her family fares.
Tamar Blogs on No Impact Week
by Tamar Samirposted Sep 19, 2011
- No Impact Eco-leader and yoga instructor Tamar has tried the experiment five times already, but she still learns a lot from her fellow participants.
Christian Blogs on No Impact Week
by Christian Honceposted Sep 19, 2011
- Christian just moved from rural Kentucky to Brooklyn, New York, where low-impact living is harder than he thought.
Bruce Blogs on No Impact Week
by Bruce Dingposted Sep 19, 2011
- Bruce is a Chinese student navigating life in the West, seeing what he can learn about lower impact living from two very different cultures.
Rebecca Blogs on No Impact Week
by Rebecca Rockefellerposted Sep 19, 2011
- Rebecca's an underemployed, single mother with a surplus of good humor and innovative spirit. She's tackling No Impact Week for the second time on a shoestring budget with two little girls.
Kathy Blogs on No Impact Week
by Kathy Kottarasposted Sep 19, 2011
- In Los Angeles, mother and teacher Kathy Kottaras takes on a second No Impact Week to find out where there's still room for change.
James Blogs on No Impact Week
by James Edwardsposted Sep 19, 2011
- Working nights on the South Side of Chicago is hardly the easiest way to go No Impact. But James wants to create a better world for his niece.
Denisse Blogs on No Impact Week
by Denisse McLeanposted Sep 19, 2011
- Denisse, a Nicaraguan researcher in Honduras, wants to see how far No Impact Week principles can go in the Global South.
Bunmi and the YES Prep School Blog on No Impact Week
by Bunmi Isholaposted Sep 19, 2011
- Bunmi left her comfort zone to join last January's No Impact Week. Now she's back for round two—and she's bringing her students with her.
Father John Blogs on No Impact Week
by Fr. John Rauschposted Sep 19, 2011
- Appalachian priest John Rausch has to drive 22,000 miles a year as part of his ministry. But he wants to strike a balance between the needs of the earth and those of his community.
Corbyn Blogs on No Impact Week
by Corbyn Hightowerposted Sep 19, 2011
- When economic circumstances forced Corbyn and her family to downsize, they found that a simpler life with a lower impact was a lot more fun, too.
No Impact Sunday: Share Your Stories
posted Sep 01, 2011
- Stories, insights, tips, and more from the first day of No Impact Week: September 18th.