Climate Hero Clayton Thomas-Müller
Dec 01, 2009
- Clayton Thomas-Müller is working to keep corporations from privatizing the atmosphere, as they have privatized the land and exploited the natural resources that once belonged to the First Nations of Canada.
The "Battle in Seattle" at 10
by Mark EnglerNov 30, 2009
- WTO+10: Did the 1999 protests against the World Trade Organization actually make a difference?
Last Mountain Standing: Coal River Valley Residents Fight for Wind Farm
by Jed GrubbsNov 24, 2009
- The last intact mountain in West Virginia's Coal River Valley is slated for mountaintop removal coal mining. Local residents have other ideas.
The Mannahatta Project :: What Can New York's Past Teach About its Future?
Nov 20, 2009
- Eric Sanderson of the Mannahatta Project discusses his 10-year attempt to recreate pre-urban Manhattan—and what he's learned about modern sustainability in the process.
My Exhibit ... In the Museum of Trash
by Dave ChameidesNov 20, 2009
- To better understand his waste footprint, Dave Chameides stored all of his trash in his basement for a year.
The Season of Our Discontent: Poverty and Hunger in America
by Mark WinneNov 17, 2009
- Just before Thanksgiving, the USDA has released alarming new statistics about hunger in America. How can we bridge the divide between abundance and scarcity?
Climate Direct Action Camp
Nov 16, 2009
- In June 2008, activists gathered in Montana for the Climate Ground Zero Citizens Direct Action Training Camp, where they learned skills including the history and practice of nonviolent direct action, campaign strategy, and community organizing.
A “Living” Built Environment
by Jason F. McLennanNov 16, 2009
- What if buildings, communities, and infrastructure projects were designed to be beautiful, socially just, and as gentle on the environment as plants are?
Public Attitudes, Knowledge, and Values Around the Climate
Nov 13, 2009
- "The Energy Learning Curve", a Public Agenda poll, and additional polling data show America's changing attitude to climate action.
Nov 11, 2009
- How to beat denial and rescue the planet.
10 Ways to Change Your Life
by Colin BeavanNov 11, 2009
- "No Impact Man's" picks for getting started on a climate-friendly life.
FRESH :: Film Trailer
Nov 11, 2009
- Given the environmental and health consequences of industrial agriculture, what would it look like if we re-invented our food system?
Homo Toxicus :: Film Trailer
Nov 10, 2009
- How many toxins are in our bodies? Carole Poliquin investigates in this documentary.
Climate Hero Lorelei Scarbro
Nov 10, 2009
- An Appalachian grandmother says no to coal, yes to wind power.
Climate Hero Sharon Hanshaw
by Kate SheppardNov 10, 2009
- Left homeless after Hurricane Katrina, she fights for communities that will suffer most from climate impacts.