Community Land Trust Keeps Prices Affordable—For Now And Forever
by Daniel FiresideJul 29, 2008
- Community Housing Trusts buy land and houses, not for profit, but to keep them affordable for low- and middle-income residents. Daniel Fireside looks at the success of Vermont's 25-year-old Champlain Housing Trust, which provides homes for 2,100 households.
Ahmed and the Return of the Arab Phoenix
Jul 23, 2008
- Shot around the Palmyra oasis, Syria, not far from the Euphrates river and the Iraqi border, this documentary shows the efforts of the Syrian government to protect its natural heritage.
350.org :: Because the World Needs to Know
Jul 01, 2008
- What's the best way to introduce the world to 350? With over 4000 languages spoken around the world, it's probably not with a bunch of words. 350.org did their best to boil down the science of global warming and vision of the 350 Campaign in 90 seconds.
Reinventing Our Food System
by Raj PatelJun 30, 2008
- Raj Patel, author of Stuffed and Starved, speaks to Amy Goodman of Democracy Now about the food crisis.
Connect and Engage: Food and Water
by Jing FongJun 30, 2008
- Give your students more hands-on activities with these captivating lesson plans about life’s most basic means of survival: food and water.
Finding Your Voice Through Food
by Karen CherubiniJun 30, 2008
- Karen Cherubini's third graders accepted the EPA's challenge to reduce their carbon footprint by making different food choices. They also learned how asking questions can change your life. This is Karen’s story.
by Alisa SmithJun 30, 2008
- One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locall
An Interview with Winona LaDuke
by Sarah van GelderJun 17, 2008
- Winona LaDuke on wild rice, wind power, Thunder Beings, self-reliance, and our covenant with the Creator.
Carl Pope & Van Jones
by Van Jones, Carl PopeJun 09, 2008
- Carl Pope and Van Jones discuss Environmentalism, New Media, Civil Rights, the Economy
YES! But How? :: Non-toxic Art
by Noah Grant, Christiane RancMay 22, 2008
- Practical tips on non-toxic art materials, compact fluorescent bulbs, zip loc bags, and how to grow your own fresh air.
People We Love :: Tom Szaky
May 22, 2008
- One Man’s Garbage, Another's Revolution
Signs of Life :: Green Economy
by Jeremy Brecher, Tim Costello, Brendan SmithMay 22, 2008
- Green Jobs Kindle Economic Hopes
May 22, 2008
- Readers' letters from the Summer 2008 issue of YES! Magazine: 'Superpower? Get Over It.' Topics include Diet for a Warming Planet, Climate Change and Stuff, Let’s Talk Overpopulation, A Climate Mobilization, They Love Erica, Too, Your Backyard Footprint, Simplistic on Bolivia.
Life, Liberty, Water
by Maude BarlowMay 22, 2008
- As climate change and worldwide shortages loom, will people fight over water or join together to protect it? A global water justice movement is demanding a change in international law to ensure the universal right to clean water for all.
Reclaiming Corn and Culture
by Wendy CallMay 22, 2008
- NAFTA was sold as a win-win. After 14 years of losing, Mexican farmers are making their own trade rules—fair ones.