Educating for Eco-Justice in an Era of Ecological Uncertainty
by Chet A. BowersAug 08, 2004
- The following paper was written by Chet A. Bowers, Adjunct Professor of Environmental Studies, at the University of Oregon. Professor Bowers’ most recent books include The Culture of Denial (1997); Let Them Eat Data (2000); and Educating for Eco-Justice and Community (2001); and Detras de la Apariencia: Hacia la Descolonizacion de la Educacion (2002).
Resource Guide: Can We Live Without Oil?
Jul 27, 2004
- Books and website listings that deal with alternatives to oil, and conservation. energy efficiency and renewable energy/fuels, alternative transportation, understanding the problem with oil
Cheese, Bread, and Thou
by The Cheese Board CollectiveJul 16, 2004
- A small cheese shop in Berkeley has become a community hub and a thriving model of worker ownership.
Yes! But How?
Jul 14, 2004
- Tips on polycarbonate bottle safety, natural products to protect wood furniture, CD recycling and natural flea repellent. If you're searching for practical ways to live sustainably, just ask us.
YES! But How? :: Spring Cleaning
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug PibelMay 20, 2004
- Annie Berthold, Ask Annie, offers household hints and helps answer your questions.
Mcdonald's To Reduce Antibiotics In
by Krista CamenzindMay 20, 2004
- The McDonald's Corporation has announced that by the end of 2004 it will prohibit its direct suppliers of meat from giving healthy animals antibiotics to promote growth.
Readers Take Action
by Jill Jacoby, Felicia GrayMay 20, 2004
- A project that integrates ecological restoration, art, water education and community participation in Duluth, MN by Jill Jacoby. Global Visionaries by Felicia Gray
Irish Tax Cuts Plastic Use
by Rik LangendoenMay 20, 2004
- Plastic bag tax in Ireland has resulted in dramatic reduction in use of plastic bags.
Forests Win Protection
by Rik LangendoenMay 20, 2004
- Canadian boreal forests win protection by Rik Langendoen
Train Technology Speeds Ahead
by Becky BrunMay 20, 2004
- Short description of train technology status around the world
a race to the top?
by Elizabeth GrossmanMay 20, 2004
- Beginning in 2006, all electronic equipment produced and sold in the European Union (EU) will be subject to two sweeping regulations, one designed to keep toxics-laced electronics out of municipal waste, the other to reduce use of toxic substances in the first place
by Shawn RheaMay 20, 2004
- the story of a grassroots effort to renew a post-industrial city. AC3T, Boggs Center, Detroit summer, Adamah, Grace Boggs, Cass Corridor Food Cooperative, Romanowski Park.
Tribes Find Power In Wind
by Winona LaDukeMay 20, 2004
- Intertribal Council on Utility Policy, COUP, first wind generator dedicated on Rosebud Reservation, clean energy windshed. sustainable homeland economic development. summer 2003.
YES! But How? :: Sustainble Wedding Rings
by Megan Tady, Jeremy EckertMay 20, 2004
- Tips on sustainable wedding rings, ecological dishwasher detergent, grout stains and batteries. If you're searching for practical ways to live sustainably, just ask us.
Wild Abundant America
by Subhankar BanerjeeMay 20, 2004
- Wild, Abundant America by Subhankar Banerjee. ANWR