It's Going to Be Beautiful
by Bill McKibbenDec 11, 2009
- Bill McKibben: There are reasons to be encouraged about the negotiations in Copenhagen, and ways to get involved in your own backyard.
Recovery Act's Green Jobs: Weatherization in New York City
Dec 11, 2009
- 640,329 jobs have been created or saved by the Recovery Act. Green for All provides a glimpse into how the program affects the people who hold those jobs and the residents receiving weatherization services in New York City.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
350 Day of Action
Dec 11, 2009
- 350 might be the most important number in the world—which is why people around the world are finding powerful ways to make that number known.
How to Talk to Your Friends About Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 10, 2009
- Talking about climate change may be one of the most revolutionary things you can do. But how do you strike up your own Copenhagen conversations—and what do you say once you do?
Global South Demands Climate Justice
by Jennifer Krill, Adrian Wilson.Dec 09, 2009
- Delegates from developing nations are worried about the fairness of the COP-15 process after the leakage of an early negotiation text.
Cool Globes in Copenhagen
Dec 09, 2009
- "Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet" is a public art exhibit featuring over 25 large globes, each with a different message about climate change.
Copenhagen's Conscience: The Youth Climate Movement Won't Settle
by Jessy TolkanDec 08, 2009
- Youth activists are playing an important role: refusing to allow the smallness of politics to stand in the way of the fair and globally-binding deal that our generation demands for survival.
Appalachia Fights for a Green Future
by Bob KincaidDec 08, 2009
- Appalachian residents are calling on environmental protection agencies to stand up to mountaintop removal.
The Copenhagen Moment
Dec 08, 2009
- Video: Leaders of the climate justice movement on turning the U.N. negotiations in Copenhagen into a true global turning point.
10 Million People Petition for Climate Action
by Richard GravesDec 08, 2009
- As some try to lower expectations about the outcome of the U.N. climate summit in Copenhagen, public pressure for real action is increasing.
Fast for Climate Justice
by Anna KeenanDec 07, 2009
- Now a month into their hunger strike, activists are hoping for serious commitment from the delegates in Copenhagen.
14 Days to Seal History's Judgment on this Generation
Dec 07, 2009
- Newspapers in more than 45 countries united behind a shared editorial demanding urgent and decisive action to avert climate change disaster.
N30 Global Day of Action on Climate Crisis
Dec 07, 2009
- On November 30, the 10th anniversary of the 1999 World Trade Organization protests in Seattle, activists call for urgent action on the global climate crisis.
No Need to Wait (or Pay) for Climate Technology
by David BollierDec 04, 2009
- Did you think most clean energy technology is locked up by patent holders? The Global Innovation Commons lists thousands of energy-saving technologies already in the public domain.