Visual Learning: Salt Flats of Uyuni
by Lilja OttoJul 07, 2009
- Images, photos, and pictures stimulate the mind. For the viewer, they offer a chance to connect and question. They also offer potential for play and imagination, and pulling the observer into purposeful messages.
Our Best Shot at Climate Leadership
by Colin BeavanJun 15, 2009
- Will the U.S. lead on confronting climate change, or not? The House has passed a landmark bill. Now it's on to the Senate. Colin Beavan explains what ACES means, and why you should know about it.
A Tribute to Thomas Berry (1914-2009), Scholar, Visionary, Planet Lover
by Mary Evelyn TuckerJun 10, 2009
- Friends, students, and colleagues are mourning the passing of one of the great philosophers of our time. Thomas Berry, teacher, visionary, and author, left us with a story of the emergence of the universe and our extraordinary place in its unfolding.
Cleveland’s Worker-Owned Boom
by Gar Alperovitz, Ted Howard, Steve DubbJun 05, 2009
- Rust-belt to recovery through worker-owned business and city, hospital, and university cooperation.
The Climate Crisis
by Madeline OstranderJun 02, 2009
- What Would it Look Like to Do Everything We Can Imagine?
You Are Brilliant, and the Earth is Hiring
by Paul HawkenMay 27, 2009
- The Commencement Address by Paul Hawken to the Class of 2009, University of Portland, May 3, 2009
At EPA Hearings and in Congress, Public and Politicians Ready for Climate Action
by Madeline OstranderMay 22, 2009
- At EPA hearings and in Congress, signs that the public, environmental leaders, political leaders, and businesses could unite on steps to confront climate change.
To Obama and the EPA: The Threat is Real, It's Time to Act
by Madeline OstranderMay 19, 2009
- EPA holds two public hearings on greenhouse gas regulation
In Review :: Justicia Now
by Lisa Gale GarriguesMay 07, 2009
- Lisa Garrigues reviews this documentary about Ecuador’s oil wars.
In Review :: Tree Intimacy
by Brooke JarvisMay 07, 2009
- Brooke Jarvis reviews Nalini Nadkarni’s Between Earth and Sky: Our Intimate Connection to Trees.
In Review :: Homemade Revolution
by Erik KnutzenMay 07, 2009
- A hand-cranked and pedal-powered guide to shrinking your home electricity use.
Signs of Life :: Landmark Climate Change Bill
by Madeline OstranderMay 07, 2009
- Congress has begun debate on what could become the first-ever federal legislation to regulate greenhouse gases. The bill promises to cut emissions 80 percent by 2050.
Signs of Life :: Defending the Right to Water
by Daniel Moss, Brooke JarvisMay 07, 2009
- More than 20 countries have signed a declaration recognizing water as a basic human right. The declaration was presented as an alternative to a weaker statement on water access issued at the 5th World Water Forum in Istanbul in March.
Excerpt: Soil Not Oil
by Vandana ShivaMay 06, 2009
- Why we need to kick petroleum out of our farms.
Flow :: Interview with the Director
Apr 30, 2009
- Director Irena Salina on why more people in the West are becoming aware of the human and environmental impact of water scarcity, how reservoir privatization affects common people, and what the role of world government should be in resolving the problem before it's too late.