Building Autonomy, One Co-op at a Time
by Michael FoxNov 07, 2007
- Over 20,000 member families live in cooperatively owned housing in Uruguay. The co-ops are not just housing members, but also involving them in social politics, management and organization. And they are working to spread the concept across the Americas.
Dutch Traffic Calming
by Jay WalljasperNov 07, 2007
- Traffic calming began in the Netherlands with people putting furniture in the streets and has spread from there. An excerpt from "The Great Neighborhood Book: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Placemaking"
Live Free—Do It Yourself
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelNov 07, 2007
- The consumer life carries invisible chains. Let's make spaces where we can be free. Step off the path. Free of debt, free of consumerism, moving into community and joy.
Live Earth - Jack Johnson performs
Aug 08, 2007
- Musicians gathered at 7 locations worldwide on July 7, 2007. According to Al Gore, one of the event's organizers, the concerts marked 'the beginning of a three-year campaign worldwide to deliver information about how we solve the climate crisis.'
Yes Men :: Vivoleum
Jul 29, 2007
- No Comment: Yes Men announce that Exxon Mobil plans to turn climate change victims into a new type of fuel called Vivoleum.
People We Love
Jul 29, 2007
- People We Love: Kelydra Weckler, Reverend Todd Eklof, Lauren Jacobs, Corbin Harney
Communities Take Power
by Doug PibelJul 29, 2007
- Communities across the country are declaring citizens' right and duty to protect their water, land, local economy, and way of life, even if it means taking on the enormous power of corporations. Here are some of the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up.
Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey
by Sarah van GelderJun 27, 2007
- Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey during the Freedom Caravan to the US Social Forum
by Ted GlickJun 27, 2007
- Ted Glick's Call to Action: A popular, grassroots movement is necessary to pressure governments into a justice-based, clean energy revolution. The U.S Social Forum in Atlanta provides a perfect platform for such a movement.
May 31, 2007
- Cheat neutral: Offsetting cheating in couples. A satirical response to the growing carbon offset industry.
From the Publisher :: Step Up to More Than Climate Change
by Fran KortenMay 30, 2007
- YES! Magazine publisher Fran Korten on the great shift in public opinion on global warming.
Oscar Olivera: After the Water War
by Sarah van GelderMay 11, 2007
- Cochabamba's water wars have ended. With the multinationals gone, Oscar Olivera advocates a change in mindset.
Every Day Ought To Be Earth Day
by Ann LovejoyApr 24, 2007
- A sermon given by Ann Lovejoy at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Bainbridge Island.
101 Solutions to Global Climate Change :: Guy
Dauncey interviewed by Peak Moment TV
Feb 16, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews author Guy Dauncey whose lively, optimistic solutions for Peak Oil and climate crisis are do-able here and now. Conservation, efficiency, proven technologies, and emerging innovations will take us through this critical planetary energy transition.
Learning from Cuba's Response to Peak Oil :: Megan Quinn interviewed by Peak Moment TV
Feb 16, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews Megan Quinn of Community Solution to discuss her visit to Cuba, and the movie "The Power of Community." This young woman sees Peak Oil as an opportunity to create the communities we want, and to reduce our level of consumption.