Unlikely Alliances in Fight for Sacred Lands
by Tess ThackaraAug 12, 2010
- Major shareholders are joining the Dongria Kondh tribe's fight to protect their homeland from mining by Vedanta Resources.
The Oil Spill’s Unseen Culprits, Victims
Aug 10, 2010
- In this TED Talk, Blue Ocean Institute founder Carl Safina discloses the unseen culprits and victims of the BP oil spill.
Teens Care for Their Local River, Their Way
by Peter DonaldsonAug 10, 2010
- How do you get teens to care for their local watershed? Peter Donaldson’s carrot is the opportunity to produce smart, hip videos and be the on-air expert.
My Tiny, Free House
by Michael JanzenAug 10, 2010
- Michael Janzen had a big house and a big mortgage. Then the financial crisis hit, and he wondered just how small, and how cheap, a house could be.
3 Steps Toward a Politics of Global Warming
by Bill McKibbenAug 04, 2010
- Making nice doesn't work. It's time to try something else.
YES! Recommends: Water Environment Federation
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- The Water Environment Federation offers communities and students a myriad of learning opportunities to protect and preserve the Earth's water resources.
Words That Inspire: Winter Poems Along the Rio Grande
by Jimmy Santiago BacaAug 01, 2010
- Poetry: Winter Poems Along the Rio Grande, by Jimmy Santiago Baca, with Note to Educators.
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- Measure your water footprint with H2O Conserve's easy-to-use calculator, and wrap your head around the impact of the BP oil spill using this trio of classroom resources.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel MossJul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.
Why the Fight for the Gulf is Also in Borneo
by Jamie HennJul 29, 2010
- A proposed coal plant in Malaysia is provoking an international outcry.
Stitching Up the Gulf
Jul 29, 2010
- Video: 12-year-old Sofia Aderer lost her home to Katrina. Now she's doing her best to make sure birds don't lose their lives to the BP oil spill.
2010 a Tipping Point for Renewable Energy
by Brooke JarvisJul 28, 2010
- 100 days into the BP disaster, it's time to quit claiming that an economy based on fossil fuels is our only option.
The Real Story of Racism at the USDA
by Chris KrommJul 26, 2010
- Years of discrimination from the USDA forced black farmers off their land.
Van Jones: Love Harder
by Van JonesJul 23, 2010
- Van Jones on how to put Americans back to work and pull America back together.
The BP Oil Spill: Time to Get Unreasonable
by Brooke JarvisJul 23, 2010
- Shrimper Diane Wilson might be going to jail for her high-profile protests against BP. Why is she so sure it’s worth it?