We've only got one planet, and it makes our lives possible. We can no longer take it for granted.
People Taking Charge: Homeless Build Community
posted Nov 07, 2007
- Prestes Maia and the Downtown Housing Movement Create Homes for the Homeless in Brazil
YES! But How? :: Organic Milk
by Catherine Bailey, Margit Christensonposted Nov 07, 2007
- Practical tips on how to eat local in the winter, increase your fridge's efficiency, bike in the cold, and find organic milk.
Compost Toilets and Self-Rule
by Madhu Suri Prakashposted Nov 07, 2007
- The ecological toilet is one of today's most hope-filled expressions of people's power. How composting toilets help us take back our power and autonomy.
Building Autonomy, One Co-op at a Time
by Michael Foxposted Nov 07, 2007
- Over 20,000 member families live in cooperatively owned housing in Uruguay. The co-ops are not just housing members, but also involving them in social politics, management and organization. And they are working to spread the concept across the Americas.
Dutch Traffic Calming
by Jay Walljasperposted Nov 07, 2007
- Traffic calming began in the Netherlands with people putting furniture in the streets and has spread from there. An excerpt from "The Great Neighborhood Book: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Placemaking"
Live Free—Do It Yourself
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug Pibelposted Nov 07, 2007
- The consumer life carries invisible chains. Let's make spaces where we can be free. Step off the path. Free of debt, free of consumerism, moving into community and joy.
Redmond Students Cool Down Their School
by Justine Simonposted Oct 05, 2007
- Redmond High School students shares why their experience with the Cool School Campaign has given them hope for the future.
Live Earth - Jack Johnson performs
posted Aug 08, 2007
- Musicians gathered at 7 locations worldwide on July 7, 2007. According to Al Gore, one of the event's organizers, the concerts marked 'the beginning of a three-year campaign worldwide to deliver information about how we solve the climate crisis.'
Yes Men :: Vivoleum
posted Jul 29, 2007
- No Comment: Yes Men announce that Exxon Mobil plans to turn climate change victims into a new type of fuel called Vivoleum.
People We Love
posted Jul 29, 2007
- People We Love: Kelydra Weckler, Reverend Todd Eklof, Lauren Jacobs, Corbin Harney
Communities Take Power
by Doug Pibelposted Jul 29, 2007
- Communities across the country are declaring citizens' right and duty to protect their water, land, local economy, and way of life, even if it means taking on the enormous power of corporations. Here are some of the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up.
Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 27, 2007
- Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey during the Freedom Caravan to the US Social Forum
by Ted Glickposted Jun 27, 2007
- Ted Glick's Call to Action: A popular, grassroots movement is necessary to pressure governments into a justice-based, clean energy revolution. The U.S Social Forum in Atlanta provides a perfect platform for such a movement.
posted May 31, 2007
- Cheat neutral: Offsetting cheating in couples. A satirical response to the growing carbon offset industry.
From the Publisher :: Step Up to More Than Climate Change
by Fran Kortenposted May 30, 2007
- YES! Magazine publisher Fran Korten on the great shift in public opinion on global warming.