A Wave of Climate Action
by Richard GravesOct 28, 2009
- An international day of action heralded the emergence of a global grassroots climate movement. Next up: December 12.
Clean Energy Works: Portland Project a Model for Green Stimulus
by Roger ValdezOct 26, 2009
- In Portland, Recovery Act funds are 'laying the foundation for long-term economic, environmental, and community health.'
Can We Reach 350?
Oct 23, 2009
- As expectations for action in Copenhagen diminish, activists are raising their voices. Amy Goodman interviews Bill McKibben, co-founder and director of 350.org, and Australian scientist Tim Flannery, chair of the Copenhagen Climate Council and author of The Weather Makers.
350 :: The Most Important Number in the World
by Bill McKibbenOct 15, 2009
- From Mount Everest to the Maldives, people worldwide are turning an arcane number into a movement for a stable climate. Bill McKibben asks: Will you join them?
Companies Abandon Chamber of Commerce Over Climate Change Stance
by Susie ShuttsOct 08, 2009
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's opposition to addressing climate change is making it very unpopular, even in corporate America.
No Impact on the Environment Experiment
Oct 08, 2009
- No Impact Man, Colin Beavan, has put together a guide for you to try out his experiment in living with no impact on the environment.
International Youth: Fired Up About Climate Change
by Richard GravesOct 07, 2009
- The generations who will inherit the burden of global warming want bold environmental leadership, responsible climate policies, and green jobs.
Oct 06, 2009
- The Bamboo Bike Studio in Brooklyn, New York, teaches students to build their own bamboo bicycles in one weekend. Workshop proceeds help finance bamboo bike factories in Ghana, Kenya, and Ecuador.
Brooklyn's Bamboo Bikes
by Justine SimonOct 06, 2009
- DIY bikes made from sustainable materials solve problems in New York and in Africa.
Students Stand Up to Coal
by Nick EngelfriedSep 30, 2009
- College students across the country are working to eject coal from their campuses and their communities.
Sarah van Gelder on Climate Action
Sep 29, 2009
- We need new strategies to wake people up to the urgency of climate change.
Activists Drop Tar Sands Banner Over Niagara Falls
Sep 18, 2009
- The Rain Forest Action Network dropped a 70 foot banner over Niagara Falls as a call to action and message to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper during his first official visit to the White House.
YES! But How? :: Raw Food for Dogs
Sep 18, 2009
- Do you know what your pet is eating? How about a homegrown diet for your furry friends.
YES! But How? :: Moss pHree
Sep 18, 2009
- How to remove moss from my rooftop, lawn, and driveway without using chemicals
How to Reuse Envelopes
by Lynsi BurtonSep 18, 2009
- How to reuse envelopes correctly, or use them in fun craft projects.