We've only got one planet, and it makes our lives possible. We can no longer take it for granted.
Dear Doug & Annie :: Follow-ups on Diesel Trucks
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug Pibelposted Mar 31, 2001
- Truck vs trailer, Bio-diesel vs petroleum, Alternatives to Bleach, No Mothballs, Bath Oil and Plant Cuttings
A Culture Gets Creative
by Sarah van Gelder, Paul Rayposted Oct 27, 2000
- Cultural Creatives, by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson, interview by Sarah van Gelder. Market research and opinion polling by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson uncover what they call the Cultural Creatives, people committed to a common set of earth-centered values.
Idiocy And Sustainability
by Thomas Prughposted Oct 27, 2000
- idiocy and sustainability, by Thomas Prugh. We have delegated our powers to elected officials and bureaucrats and traded freedeom from tyranny for freedom from responsibility.
The Total Thrust Is Global Justice
by Drew Dellingerposted Oct 27, 2000
- the total thrust is global justice, by Drew Dellinger. Rap against globalization and injustice.
The New Solidarity
by Anthony S. Archposted Oct 27, 2000
- the new solidarity, by Anthony S. Arch. Steelworkers and forest activists forge a new alliance.
by Jan Robertsposted Oct 27, 2000
- A description of the Earth Charter document, a declaration of responsibility and interdependency.
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa Sarosposted Sep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"
Seeds of Change: A Prison Garden Program
by Cathrine Sneedposted Sep 30, 2000
- Cathrine Sneed describes the development of the Horticulture Program for Inmates and the Garden Project employing former inmates.
Song of the Land
by Philip M. Klaskyposted Sep 30, 2000
- Mohave Creation Song cycle describes relation of the Mohave to their land and helps prevent Ward Valley from becoming a nuclear waste dump.
by Susan Callanposted Sep 30, 2000
- Eco-design resources for making a green workplace.
YES! But How? :: Toxins and Pregnancy, Composting in the Cold
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug Pibelposted Sep 30, 2000
- Household Chemicals, Worm Bins, and Composting.
Food for Life: The Brink of Opportunity
by Hal Hamiltonposted Jun 30, 2000
- Industrial agriculture is a parody of the life-sustaining farming practiced over thousands of years. But there are signs of new life.
Resources For Life-Centered Agriculture
by Rik Langendoenposted Jun 30, 2000
- Organizations, ideas, books, and websites on life sustaining gardening, agriculture, and food
YES! But How? :: Alternatives to Grass
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug Pibelposted Jun 30, 2000
- Ideas for green grass alternatives, fluorescent lights and natural moth repellents. If you're searching for practical ways to live sustainably, just ask us.
Wild Rice Moon
by Winona LaDukeposted Jun 30, 2000
- The ancient, wild rice-centered culture of Minnesota's Anishinaabeg people confronts cultivated "wild" rice.