We've only got one planet, and it makes our lives possible. We can no longer take it for granted.
Learning from Cuba's Response to Peak Oil :: Megan Quinn interviewed by Peak Moment TV
posted Feb 16, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews Megan Quinn of Community Solution to discuss her visit to Cuba, and the movie "The Power of Community." This young woman sees Peak Oil as an opportunity to create the communities we want, and to reduce our level of consumption.
Commentary: 12-Step Program to Stop Climate Change
by Alisa Gravitzposted Nov 30, 2006
- Co-op America's Alisa Gravitz outlines a 12-Step Program to Stop Climate Change based on the Carbon Mitigation Initiative (CMI) proposals to stabilize emissions.
Food to Stay
by Gary Nabhanposted Nov 30, 2006
- Many communities in the U.S. ship food out--and ship the same food back in. What's the value of keeping it at home?
YES! But How? :: Cold Remedies
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah Kuckposted Nov 20, 2006
- Tips on natural cold remedies, antibacterial hand soap, natural shoe polishes and zeolite odor remover. If you're searching for practical ways to live sustainably, just ask us.
#5 :: Organic Farming Cooperatives
posted Nov 17, 2006
Local Energy, Local Power
by Winona LaDukeposted Nov 07, 2006
- Energy for Democracy - wind on the Great Plains could power the country. Tribes are working to bring energy production home.
Defending the Commons, Defending Life
by Jonathan Roweposted Aug 31, 2006
- The commons is emerging in the issues lexicon. We Americans own together our air and water, our public lands, our Main Streets and public spaces, and our public domain of culture and knowledge.
Making Life Possible
by Somnath Baidya Royposted Aug 31, 2006
- A clinic in Bhopal serves survivors of the 1984 Union Carbide chemical explosion.
A Tree Sitting -- In South Central LA?
by Van Jonesposted May 30, 2006
- Protesters climb trees in South Central Los Angeles in an attempt to block the construction of a warehouse at the site of an urban farm that serves hundreds of area residents.
Time to Get Smart About Energy
by Fran Kortenposted May 30, 2006
- The debate regarding global warming and peak oil is moving into a different direction, from "is it happening" to "what do we do now?"
It Takes Energy to Make Energy
by Doug Pibelposted May 11, 2006
- Biofuel creation graphically explained.
The Great Turning as Compass and Lens
by Joanna Macyposted May 10, 2006
- The Great Turning invites us to lift our eyes from the cramped closet of short-term thinking and see the larger historical landscape.
Cleveland: Community Action Turns the Rust Belt Green
by Ed D'Amatoposted May 10, 2006
- The collective power of individual efforts has helped the entire community realize its potential to thrive by, as Eco-City Cleveland’s director David Beach says, "creating a green city on a blue lake."
Peak oil preview: North Korea & Cuba
by Dale Jiajun Wenposted May 05, 2006
- Cuba survived much more comfortably than North Korea after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the consequent diminished oil supply. The government reaction of both countries is examined as a precursor to Peak Oil throughout the world.
YES! But How? :: Eco-friendly Party
by Daina Saib, Lilja Ottoposted May 04, 2006
- How to throw a sustainable party, finding grass-fed beef and the real, environmental cost of transportation.