We've only got one planet, and it makes our lives possible. We can no longer take it for granted.
Discussion Guide :: Our Planet, Our Selves- environment and health
posted Mar 31, 2003
- Questions like: Who in your own life has experienced serious illness? What has it been like for those close to that person? What obligation do we have to keep an environment clean for other people?
Yes! But How?
by Pamela O'Malley Chang, Beth Balderstonposted Dec 31, 2002
- Recycling computers, unclog bathroom drain, non-toxic solutions, bees nests, hornets
From the Earth, Up
by Anthony Flaccaventoposted Sep 30, 2002
- Appalachian Sustainable Development, ASD, sustainable forestry and wood products program, sustainable farms.
Breaking Down Buildings, Building Up a Neighborhood
by Holly Dresselposted Sep 30, 2002
- The suicide economy is all too ready to cast off used material, disadvantaged people, and troubled neighborhoods. These living economy entrepreneurs are turning throwaways into gold.
Pieces of the Puzzle
by Jill Bamburgposted Sep 30, 2002
- The story of Burlington Vermont, Will Raap, Gardener's Supply company, Intervale foundation, Burlington Legacy Project, Bernie Saunders, and how Burlington became one of America's most sustainable communities.
YES! But How? :: Noxious Weeds
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Eco-friendly household hints and helps for eradicating noxious weeds, choosing between cloth and disposable diapers, and dealing with candle soot damage.
Warm, Dry, And Noble
by Andrea Deanposted Jun 30, 2002
- Samuel Mockbee founded Rural Studio, creating simple but inventive structures made of inexpensive, mostly salvaged or donated materials.
What Is Real Security
by Amory B. Lovins, Hunter Lovinsposted Jan 31, 2002
- what is real security? The answer may be found by basing engineering on nature. Natural systems are efficient, diverse, dispersed, and renewable, hence, inherently resilient.
Reshaping the American Dreamhouse
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Jan 31, 2002
- the alternative architecture movement shows that more and more people are looking beyond the ordinary for ways of building that express their creativity and values.
YES! But How? :: Furniture Polish
posted Jan 31, 2002
- linseed oil furniture polish, nontoxic way to clean carpet, volunteers for physical work, sustainable deck, controlling sugar ants
YES! But How? :: Discouraging Mice
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug Pibelposted Nov 05, 2001
- Ask Annie, household hints and helps
A Sustainable Energy Plan For the US
by Guy Daunceyposted Sep 30, 2001
- Examines the policies, technologies, and strategies that could lead the US and the world to a sustainable energy future.
Innayan* Just Don't Do It!
by Victoria Tauli-Corpuzposted Sep 30, 2001
- The culture and technologies of the Kankanaey-Igorot people include an agricultural system and community life that has sustained for many generations.
Where There's a Way
by Michael M'Gonigleposted Jun 30, 2001
- Where there's a way, by Michael M'Gonigle. Global Trade Agreements are just the latest way local communities are losing control over the surrounding forests and the watersheds. If there was a way to reclaim the commons, might there also be a political will?
What's Your Share
by Jim Merkelposted Jun 30, 2001
- Jim Merkel, What's your share? by Jim Merkel. A tool to measure our ecological footprints.