Communities Take Power
by Doug PibelJul 29, 2007
- Communities across the country are declaring citizens' right and duty to protect their water, land, local economy, and way of life, even if it means taking on the enormous power of corporations. Here are some of the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up.
Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey
by Sarah van GelderJun 27, 2007
- Interview with Bineshi Albert and Bruce McClackey during the Freedom Caravan to the US Social Forum
by Ted GlickJun 27, 2007
- Ted Glick's Call to Action: A popular, grassroots movement is necessary to pressure governments into a justice-based, clean energy revolution. The U.S Social Forum in Atlanta provides a perfect platform for such a movement.
May 31, 2007
- Cheat neutral: Offsetting cheating in couples. A satirical response to the growing carbon offset industry.
From the Publisher :: Step Up to More Than Climate Change
by Fran KortenMay 30, 2007
- YES! Magazine publisher Fran Korten on the great shift in public opinion on global warming.
Oscar Olivera: After the Water War
by Sarah van GelderMay 11, 2007
- Cochabamba's water wars have ended. With the multinationals gone, Oscar Olivera advocates a change in mindset.
Every Day Ought To Be Earth Day
by Ann LovejoyApr 24, 2007
- A sermon given by Ann Lovejoy at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Bainbridge Island.
101 Solutions to Global Climate Change :: Guy
Dauncey interviewed by Peak Moment TV
Feb 16, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews author Guy Dauncey whose lively, optimistic solutions for Peak Oil and climate crisis are do-able here and now. Conservation, efficiency, proven technologies, and emerging innovations will take us through this critical planetary energy transition.
Learning from Cuba's Response to Peak Oil :: Megan Quinn interviewed by Peak Moment TV
Feb 16, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews Megan Quinn of Community Solution to discuss her visit to Cuba, and the movie "The Power of Community." This young woman sees Peak Oil as an opportunity to create the communities we want, and to reduce our level of consumption.
Commentary: 12-Step Program to Stop Climate Change
by Alisa GravitzNov 30, 2006
- Co-op America's Alisa Gravitz outlines a 12-Step Program to Stop Climate Change based on the Carbon Mitigation Initiative (CMI) proposals to stabilize emissions.
Food to Stay
by Gary NabhanNov 30, 2006
- Many communities in the U.S. ship food out--and ship the same food back in. What's the value of keeping it at home?
YES! But How? :: Cold Remedies
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah KuckNov 20, 2006
- Tips on natural cold remedies, antibacterial hand soap, natural shoe polishes and zeolite odor remover. If you're searching for practical ways to live sustainably, just ask us.
#5 :: Organic Farming Cooperatives
Nov 17, 2006
Local Energy, Local Power
by Winona LaDukeNov 07, 2006
- Energy for Democracy - wind on the Great Plains could power the country. Tribes are working to bring energy production home.
Defending the Commons, Defending Life
by Jonathan RoweAug 31, 2006
- The commons is emerging in the issues lexicon. We Americans own together our air and water, our public lands, our Main Streets and public spaces, and our public domain of culture and knowledge.