We've only got one planet, and it makes our lives possible. We can no longer take it for granted.
What's Your Share
by Jim Merkelposted Jun 30, 2001
- Jim Merkel, What's your share? by Jim Merkel. A tool to measure our ecological footprints.
Just So Much And No More
by Donella Meadowsposted Jun 30, 2001
- Just So Much and No More, by Donella Meadows. We don't get to choose which laws, those of the economy or those of the Earth, will ultimately prevail. We can choose which ones we will personally live under — and whether to make our economic laws consistent with planetary ones, or to find out what happens if we don't.
A Tribute to Donella Meadows
by Fran Kortenposted Jun 30, 2001
- A Tribute to Donella Meadows, by Fran Korten. Donnella Meadows is remembered as a woman dedicated to helping us learn to live within the limits to growth.
by Peter Barnesposted Jun 30, 2001
- Sky Trust, by Peter Barnes. Carbon permits could reduce carbon emissions while returning benefits to individuals and rewarding conservation.
Thirst For Justice
by Maude Barlowposted Jun 30, 2001
- Thirst for Justice, by Maude Barlow. Privatization of Bolivia's water supply fails in the face of protest, and a local coallition takes on water distribution.
Doing Right By the Planet
by Bill McKibbenposted Mar 31, 2001
- Is President Bush really serious about global warming? Bill McKibben describes what needs to be done.
by Matthew Foxposted Mar 31, 2001
- Right Livelihood by Matthew Fox. Is the work we are doing good for the Earth and its inhabitants now and for seven generations into the future?
Dear Doug & Annie :: Follow-ups on Diesel Trucks
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug Pibelposted Mar 31, 2001
- Truck vs trailer, Bio-diesel vs petroleum, Alternatives to Bleach, No Mothballs, Bath Oil and Plant Cuttings
A Culture Gets Creative
by Sarah van Gelder, Paul Rayposted Oct 27, 2000
- Cultural Creatives, by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson, interview by Sarah van Gelder. Market research and opinion polling by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson uncover what they call the Cultural Creatives, people committed to a common set of earth-centered values.
Idiocy And Sustainability
by Thomas Prughposted Oct 27, 2000
- idiocy and sustainability, by Thomas Prugh. We have delegated our powers to elected officials and bureaucrats and traded freedeom from tyranny for freedom from responsibility.
The Total Thrust Is Global Justice
by Drew Dellingerposted Oct 27, 2000
- the total thrust is global justice, by Drew Dellinger. Rap against globalization and injustice.
The New Solidarity
by Anthony S. Archposted Oct 27, 2000
- the new solidarity, by Anthony S. Arch. Steelworkers and forest activists forge a new alliance.
by Jan Robertsposted Oct 27, 2000
- A description of the Earth Charter document, a declaration of responsibility and interdependency.
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa Sarosposted Sep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"
Seeds of Change: A Prison Garden Program
by Cathrine Sneedposted Sep 30, 2000
- Cathrine Sneed describes the development of the Horticulture Program for Inmates and the Garden Project employing former inmates.