Practical Actions for a DIY World
How to Design a Neighborhood for Happiness
by Jay Walljasperposted Apr 04, 2011
- The way we design our communities plays a huge role in how we experience our lives.
Joel Salatin: How to Eat Animals and Respect Them, Too
by Madeline Ostranderposted Mar 27, 2011
- Why this foodie farmer believes sustainable farming includes meat.
YES! But How? Grow a Curtain
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Mar 01, 2011
- My house gets too hot in the summer. How can I cool it down without using the A/C?
US Uncut: How to Do Your Own Bail-In
posted Feb 24, 2011
- Advice from UK Uncut: Bringing an uncut protest to your town is easy.
How to Be a Car-Free Family
by Angela and Dorea Vierling-Claassenposted Feb 02, 2011
- Tired of paying car insurance, sitting in traffic jams, and guzzling too much gas? Advice for finally moving beyond the car.
How To Keep Love Going Strong
by John M. and Julie Gottmanposted Jan 03, 2011
- Poster: 7 principles on the road to happily ever after.
How To Transform Your Household
by Shannon Hayesposted Dec 10, 2010
- Radical homemaking tips for everyone.
Reclaim Your Streets: How to Create Safe and Social Pedestrian Plazas
by Erika Kosinaposted Sep 22, 2010
- 6 steps for replacing cars with parks.
Can You DIY?
posted Sep 17, 2010
- Sweeten with honey, darn a sock, and refrigerate without electricity: Learn how to do what your grandparents knew
DIY Education: How to Start a Freeskool
by Lily Gershonposted Sep 16, 2010
- Who defines what schools are or what they teach? Why not you?
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.
How to Be Alone
posted Sep 03, 2010
- Video: What can we learn about ourselves when we let go of our fear of loneliness?
How to Keep Your Cool Without Air Conditioning
by Stan Coxposted Aug 12, 2010
- 8 tips from a record-breaking summer to help you beat the heat today.
How to Share a Waffle
by Abby Quillenposted Jul 19, 2010
- Bartering for your breakfast: One step closer to a local economy?
How to Share Time
by Mira Lunaposted Jul 08, 2010
- When dollars are scarce, timebanks help neighbors swap skills, instead.