Practical Actions for a DIY World
by Andrée Collier Zaleskaposted May 19, 2010
- As the price of college skyrockets, a new book looks to "edupunk" alternatives.
Dollars with Good Sense: DIY Cash
by Judith Schwartzposted Jun 05, 2009
- Three ways ordinary people are printing their own money without breaking the law.
How to Build a Tiny House
by Dee Williamsposted Mar 10, 2009
- Dee Williams bought and modified a set of plans from Tumbleweed Tiny House Company and built the house herself using second-use materials. Here are more details on how she did it.
How to Get Involved in Food Policy Councils
by Mark Winneposted Feb 14, 2009
- Here are seven tips for local food citizens interested in organizing food policy councils.
10 Things Science Says Will Make You Happy
by Jen Angelposted Oct 31, 2008
- Scientists can tell us how to be happy. Really. Here are 10 ways, with the research to prove it.
Community Land Trust Keeps Prices Affordable—For Now And Forever
by Daniel Firesideposted Jul 29, 2008
- Community Housing Trusts buy land and houses, not for profit, but to keep them affordable for low- and middle-income residents. Daniel Fireside looks at the success of Vermont's 25-year-old Champlain Housing Trust, which provides homes for 2,100 households.
How to Get Carbon-Free in 10 Years
by Brooke Jarvis, Doug Pibelposted Feb 01, 2008
- Meet the Joneses. They are your average U.S. energy consumer. And they decide to do their part. Watch how they go carbon neutral in a decade… and then try it yourself.