Paula Garcia: Acequias Return to the Land
by Heidi BruceMay 01, 2012
- Protecting a 400-year-old water management system from industrial takeover is also about protecting the Southwest's future.
Jennifer Real: Protecting Clean Water
by Jennifer KayeFeb 01, 2012
- This PTA mom is leading the fight against toxic waste in her Texas hometown.
New York’s Little Revolution
by Ellen CantarowJan 25, 2012
- How the state’s fight for clean water is reshaping its political landscape.
Taking on the Trade Laws of the 1 Percent
by John Cavanagh, Robin BroadDec 21, 2011
- A protest at the World Bank supported El Salvador’s attempts to put human rights above corporate rights.
The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Removing the Elwha Dam
Nov 01, 2011
- Plans to restore the Elwha River on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state begin with the removal of a dam that's stood for almost a century.
Eco-Politics Back on the Ranch
by Madeline OstranderSep 30, 2011
- In Nebraska, the fight against the Keystone XL pipeline is no longer about left versus right.
Gold or Water? A Deadly Debate
by John Cavanagh, Robin BroadAug 29, 2011
- To protect their water supply, Salvadorans are trying to ban corporate gold mining—and facing threats and violence as a result.
Arrivederci, Water Profiteers
by Daniel MossJul 22, 2011
- “Water is a common good.” Why 96 percent of Italian voters rejected their government’s push for water privatization.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari MargilMar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard ConlinFeb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
What Lies Beneath
Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.
Visual Learning: Sacred Water
by Breanne DurhamDec 22, 2010
- This Visual Learning lesson will get your students thinking about the sacred places in their lives, and who typically is exposed to environmental health risks.
Restaurants, Counties, Colleges Promote Tap Water
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- Tap into the movement that is doing away with bottled water.
Advice for Water Warriors
by Maude BarlowNov 08, 2010
- Maude Barlow on how to move the water justice movement forward.