Protecting it from overuse, pollution, and privatization.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard Conlinposted Feb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
What Lies Beneath
posted Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.
Visual Learning: Sacred Water
posted Dec 22, 2010
- With this YES! lesson plan, try to truly understand an image, its message, and why it’s interesting (or not). In this case it's all about water.
Restaurants, Counties, Colleges Promote Tap Water
by Tiffany Ranposted Nov 14, 2010
- Tap into the movement that is doing away with bottled water.
Advice for Water Warriors
by Maude Barlowposted Nov 08, 2010
- Maude Barlow on how to move the water justice movement forward.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben Priceposted Oct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel Mossposted Sep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."
Gulf Fishermen Protest Re-opening of Fishing Grounds
by Sue Sturgisposted Aug 18, 2010
- Those who know the Gulf best say seafood still isn’t safe following BP’s oil disaster.
The Fight Against Fracking
by Maura Stephensposted Aug 13, 2010
- How New Yorkers won a moratorium on a drilling practice that threatens their lives, homes, and water.
Curriculum & Resources: Water
posted Aug 01, 2010
- Measure your water footprint with H2O Conserve's easy-to-use calculator, and wrap your head around the impact of the BP oil spill using this trio of classroom resources.
YES! Recommends: Water Environment Federation
posted Aug 01, 2010
- The Water Environment Federation offers communities and students a myriad of learning opportunities to protect and preserve the Earth's water resources.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel Mossposted Jul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.
Water for Energy Is a Waste
by Ashlee Greenposted Jun 30, 2010
- Power plants suck more water out of the nation’s watersheds than any other single user—more than 40 percent.
Dry Run: Bostonians Learn to Appreciate Clean Water
by Chuck Collinsposted Jun 01, 2010
- On May 1st, Bostonians got a remarkable glimpse of our water commons and how we might respond to future disruptions.