The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Removing the Elwha Dam
Nov 01, 2011
- Plans to restore the Elwha River on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state begin with the removal of a dam that's stood for almost a century.
Eco-Politics Back on the Ranch
by Madeline OstranderSep 30, 2011
- In Nebraska, the fight against the Keystone XL pipeline is no longer about left versus right.
Gold or Water? A Deadly Debate
by John Cavanagh, Robin BroadAug 29, 2011
- To protect their water supply, Salvadorans are trying to ban corporate gold mining—and facing threats and violence as a result.
Arrivederci, Water Profiteers
by Daniel MossJul 22, 2011
- “Water is a common good.” Why 96 percent of Italian voters rejected their government’s push for water privatization.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari MargilMar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard ConlinFeb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
What Lies Beneath
Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.
Visual Learning: Sacred Water
by Breanne DurhamDec 22, 2010
- This Visual Learning lesson will get your students thinking about the sacred places in their lives, and who typically is exposed to environmental health risks.
Restaurants, Counties, Colleges Promote Tap Water
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- Tap into the movement that is doing away with bottled water.
Advice for Water Warriors
by Maude BarlowNov 08, 2010
- Maude Barlow on how to move the water justice movement forward.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceOct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel MossSep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."
Gulf Fishermen Protest Re-opening of Fishing Grounds
by Sue SturgisAug 18, 2010
- Those who know the Gulf best say seafood still isn’t safe following BP’s oil disaster.
The Fight Against Fracking
by Maura StephensAug 13, 2010
- How New Yorkers won a moratorium on a drilling practice that threatens their lives, homes, and water.