The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Removing the Elwha Dam
Nov 01, 2011
- Plans to restore the Elwha River on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state begin with the removal of a dam that's stood for almost a century.
Eco-Politics Back on the Ranch
by Madeline OstranderSep 30, 2011
- In Nebraska, the fight against the Keystone XL pipeline is no longer about left versus right.
Gold or Water? A Deadly Debate
by John Cavanagh, Robin BroadAug 29, 2011
- To protect their water supply, Salvadorans are trying to ban corporate gold mining—and facing threats and violence as a result.
Arrivederci, Water Profiteers
by Daniel MossJul 22, 2011
- “Water is a common good.” Why 96 percent of Italian voters rejected their government’s push for water privatization.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari MargilMar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard ConlinFeb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
What Lies Beneath
Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.
Restaurants, Counties, Colleges Promote Tap Water
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- Tap into the movement that is doing away with bottled water.
Advice for Water Warriors
by Maude BarlowNov 08, 2010
- Maude Barlow on how to move the water justice movement forward.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceOct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel MossSep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."
Gulf Fishermen Protest Re-opening of Fishing Grounds
by Sue SturgisAug 18, 2010
- Those who know the Gulf best say seafood still isn’t safe following BP’s oil disaster.
The Fight Against Fracking
by Maura StephensAug 13, 2010
- How New Yorkers won a moratorium on a drilling practice that threatens their lives, homes, and water.
YES! Recommends: Water Environment Federation
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- The Water Environment Federation offers communities and students a myriad of learning opportunities to protect and preserve the Earth's water resources.