What Lies Beneath
Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.
Visual Learning: Sacred Water
by Breanne DurhamDec 22, 2010
- This Visual Learning lesson will get your students thinking about the sacred places in their lives, and who typically is exposed to environmental health risks.
Restaurants, Counties, Colleges Promote Tap Water
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- Tap into the movement that is doing away with bottled water.
Advice for Water Warriors
by Maude BarlowNov 08, 2010
- Maude Barlow on how to move the water justice movement forward.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceOct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel MossSep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."
Gulf Fishermen Protest Re-opening of Fishing Grounds
by Sue SturgisAug 18, 2010
- Those who know the Gulf best say seafood still isn’t safe following BP’s oil disaster.
The Fight Against Fracking
by Maura StephensAug 13, 2010
- How New Yorkers won a moratorium on a drilling practice that threatens their lives, homes, and water.
YES! Recommends: Water Environment Federation
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- The Water Environment Federation offers communities and students a myriad of learning opportunities to protect and preserve the Earth's water resources.
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- Measure your water footprint with H2O Conserve's easy-to-use calculator, and wrap your head around the impact of the BP oil spill using this trio of classroom resources.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel MossJul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.
Water for Energy Is a Waste
by Ashlee GreenJun 30, 2010
- Power plants suck more water out of the nation’s watersheds than any other single user—more than 40 percent.
Dry Run: Bostonians Learn to Appreciate Clean Water
by Chuck CollinsJun 01, 2010
- On May 1st, Bostonians got a remarkable glimpse of our water commons and how we might respond to future disruptions.
River Rescue: Citizen Riverkeepers Protect Their Waters
by Elizabeth GrossmanMay 27, 2010
- Who protects the public's right to clean, accessible waterways? We do.
Protecting our Water Commons: Interview with Robert Kennedy Jr.
by Sarah van GelderMay 27, 2010
- We can be the most powerful protectors of our own sources of water.