Protecting it from overuse, pollution, and privatization.
Gulf Fishermen Protest Re-opening of Fishing Grounds
by Sue Sturgisposted Aug 18, 2010
- Those who know the Gulf best say seafood still isn’t safe following BP’s oil disaster.
The Fight Against Fracking
by Maura Stephensposted Aug 13, 2010
- How New Yorkers won a moratorium on a drilling practice that threatens their lives, homes, and water.
Curriculum & Resources: Water
posted Aug 01, 2010
- Measure your water footprint with H2O Conserve's easy-to-use calculator, and wrap your head around the impact of the BP oil spill using this trio of classroom resources.
YES! Recommends: Water Environment Federation
posted Aug 01, 2010
- The Water Environment Federation offers communities and students a myriad of learning opportunities to protect and preserve the Earth's water resources.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel Mossposted Jul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.
Water for Energy Is a Waste
by Ashlee Greenposted Jun 30, 2010
- Power plants suck more water out of the nation’s watersheds than any other single user—more than 40 percent.
Dry Run: Bostonians Learn to Appreciate Clean Water
by Chuck Collinsposted Jun 01, 2010
- On May 1st, Bostonians got a remarkable glimpse of our water commons and how we might respond to future disruptions.
Western Showdown: Saving the Klamath
by Alice Outwaterposted May 27, 2010
- How the tribes of the Klamath River stood up for the salmon—and won.
How Felton, Calif., Achieved Water Independence
by Tara Lohanposted May 27, 2010
- A tiny Californian town took back its water supply—and your town can too.
Food in Dry Times
by Frederick Kirschenmannposted May 27, 2010
- An old North Dakota farm is a laboratory for growing food when water runs short.
3 World Water Wins
by Maude Barlow, Anil Naidoo, Meera Karunananthanposted May 27, 2010
- Around the world, people are taking control of their water supply.
The Water We Need
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 27, 2010
- Senior editor Madeline Ostrander introduces the Water Solutions issue.
River Rescue: Citizen Riverkeepers Protect Their Waters
by Elizabeth Grossmanposted May 27, 2010
- Who protects the public's right to clean, accessible waterways? We do.
Protecting our Water Commons: Interview with Robert Kennedy Jr.
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 27, 2010
- We can be the most powerful protectors of our own sources of water.
Restoring California's Wild Watersheds
by Jane Braxton Littleposted May 27, 2010
- Why more water for wildlife means more water for people.