The Fight Against Fracking
by Maura StephensAug 13, 2010
- How New Yorkers won a moratorium on a drilling practice that threatens their lives, homes, and water.
YES! Recommends: Water Environment Federation
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- The Water Environment Federation offers communities and students a myriad of learning opportunities to protect and preserve the Earth's water resources.
by Jing FongAug 01, 2010
- Measure your water footprint with H2O Conserve's easy-to-use calculator, and wrap your head around the impact of the BP oil spill using this trio of classroom resources.
At Last, a Human Right to Water
by Daniel MossJul 30, 2010
- Good news for thirsty people around the globe: The UN affirms the right to safe and clean drinking water.
Water for Energy Is a Waste
by Ashlee GreenJun 30, 2010
- Power plants suck more water out of the nation’s watersheds than any other single user—more than 40 percent.
Dry Run: Bostonians Learn to Appreciate Clean Water
by Chuck CollinsJun 01, 2010
- On May 1st, Bostonians got a remarkable glimpse of our water commons and how we might respond to future disruptions.
River Rescue: Citizen Riverkeepers Protect Their Waters
by Elizabeth GrossmanMay 27, 2010
- Who protects the public's right to clean, accessible waterways? We do.
Protecting our Water Commons: Interview with Robert Kennedy Jr.
by Sarah van GelderMay 27, 2010
- We can be the most powerful protectors of our own sources of water.
Restoring California's Wild Watersheds
by Jane Braxton LittleMay 27, 2010
- Why more water for wildlife means more water for people.
Food in Dry Times
by Frederick KirschenmannMay 27, 2010
- An old North Dakota farm is a laboratory for growing food when water runs short.
3 World Water Wins
by Maude Barlow, Anil Naidoo, Meera KarunananthanMay 27, 2010
- Around the world, people are taking control of their water supply.
Western Showdown: Saving the Klamath
by Alice OutwaterMay 27, 2010
- How the tribes of the Klamath River stood up for the salmon—and won.
How Felton, Calif., Achieved Water Independence
by Tara LohanMay 27, 2010
- A tiny Californian town took back its water supply—and your town can too.
The Water We Need
by Madeline OstranderMay 27, 2010
- Senior editor Madeline Ostrander introduces the Water Solutions issue.
6 Simple Ways to Bring the Water Revolution Home
by Cleo Woelfle-Erskine, Berit Anderson, Ashlee Green, Keith RutowskiMay 27, 2010
- Get tight with your water budget, live large on dishwater, save some rain, and get your activist feet wet (really).