3 Big Ideas to Make Water Last
by Doug Pibel, Illustrations by Alexandre DumasMay 13, 2010
- How to take care of our water, share it, and live within our means.
Quote: Agnes Baker Pilgrim
May 13, 2010
- A quote from Agnes Baker Pilgrim, from the Water Solutions issue of YES! Magazine. Download it here.
Leave It to Beavers?
by Ashlee GreenMay 13, 2010
- Nature's water engineers can restore river channels.
YES! Film Picks: A Sea Change, The Good Soldier, Trouble the Water
by Jeff ParsonsMay 13, 2010
- Reviews of our favorite films for the Summer 2010.
Just the Facts :: Water Footprints
by Berit AndersonMay 13, 2010
- How much water do we use? More than any other country, it turns out. And we could save a lot.
Meet the Riverkeepers
by Margit ChristensonMay 13, 2010
- Meet citizen riverkeepers from Milwaukee, Atlanta, and Washington D.C.
It’s Everybody’s Water
May 13, 2010
- It's time we fell in love with the bundle of atoms that makes Earth possible.
Update: Betsy Damon's Living Water Gardens
by Ashlee GreenApr 13, 2010
- 10 years ago, YES! Magazine covered the story of the Living Water Garden, part of a citywide revitalization program in Chengdu, China. Has the promise of that story turned into reality?
Bottled Water Costs 2,000 Times More than Tap—You Don't Have to Drink It
by Madeline OstranderMar 22, 2010
- Should you be worried about your tap water? Yes, but not for the reason you expected.
As Glaciers Melt, Bolivia Fights for the Good Life
by Jessica Camille AguirreMar 18, 2010
- Rural Bolivians—whose way of life may be an early casualty of a changing climate—want the rest of the world to reevaluate what it means to "vivir bien."
Living Water Garden on the Fu and Nan Rivers
Feb 16, 2010
- Photo Essay: A look at China's living water garden in Chengdu. This floating ecological living machine—a gorgeous botanical garden—is restoring open sewage canals.
River Restoration Ends Klamath Water Wars
by Susie Shutts, Margit ChristensonDec 15, 2009
- A new draft agreement would remove four Klamath River dams that affect more than 300 miles of salmon habitat along the Oregon-California coast.
Signs of Life :: Defending the Right to Water
by Daniel Moss, Brooke JarvisMay 07, 2009
- More than 20 countries have signed a declaration recognizing water as a basic human right. The declaration was presented as an alternative to a weaker statement on water access issued at the 5th World Water Forum in Istanbul in March.
Flow :: Interview with the Director
Apr 30, 2009
- Director Irena Salina on why more people in the West are becoming aware of the human and environmental impact of water scarcity, how reservoir privatization affects common people, and what the role of world government should be in resolving the problem before it's too late.
Signs of Life :: Stimulus for Clean Water?
by Tara LohanFeb 13, 2009
- Citizen groups like Food and Water Watch are asking Congress to tackle the nation's water infrastructure crisis.