Protecting it from overuse, pollution, and privatization.
Taking on the Trade Laws of the 1 Percent
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Dec 21, 2011
- A protest at the World Bank supported El Salvador’s attempts to put human rights above corporate rights.
The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
posted Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Removing the Elwha Dam
posted Nov 01, 2011
- Plans to restore the Elwha River on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state begin with the removal of a dam that's stood for almost a century.
Eco-Politics Back on the Ranch
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 30, 2011
- In Nebraska, the fight against the Keystone XL pipeline is no longer about left versus right.
Gold or Water? A Deadly Debate
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Aug 29, 2011
- To protect their water supply, Salvadorans are trying to ban corporate gold mining—and facing threats and violence as a result.
Arrivederci, Water Profiteers
by Daniel Mossposted Jul 22, 2011
- “Water is a common good.” Why 96 percent of Italian voters rejected their government’s push for water privatization.
Tackling Corporate Power, One Town at a Time
by Mari Margilposted Mar 17, 2011
- How communities are saying "no" to corporate drilling—even if it means bucking state law.
Changing with the Climate
by Richard Conlinposted Feb 07, 2011
- In Seattle, how changes in policy help prepare for changes in climate.
What Lies Beneath
posted Feb 01, 2011
- Video: The Census of Marine Life reveals more than 6,000 potentially new species living in our oceans.
Visual Learning: Sacred Water
posted Dec 22, 2010
- With this YES! lesson plan, try to truly understand an image, its message, and why it’s interesting (or not). In this case it's all about water.
Restaurants, Counties, Colleges Promote Tap Water
by Tiffany Ranposted Nov 14, 2010
- Tap into the movement that is doing away with bottled water.
Advice for Water Warriors
by Maude Barlowposted Nov 08, 2010
- Maude Barlow on how to move the water justice movement forward.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben Priceposted Oct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel Mossposted Sep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."
Gulf Fishermen Protest Re-opening of Fishing Grounds
by Sue Sturgisposted Aug 18, 2010
- Those who know the Gulf best say seafood still isn’t safe following BP’s oil disaster.