A 21st Century Agenda
Oct 27, 2000
- YES! A Journal of Positive Futures, a new culture emerges: winter 2001, indicators
by Richard HeinbergOct 27, 2000
- Innovation, insight, and knowledge from the 20th century could inspire social transformation in the 21st.
Freedom's Sacred Dance
by Vincent Harding, Rosemarie Freeney HardingOct 27, 2000
- The Veterans of Hope Project brings together veterans of the civil rights movement with young activist to explore links between religion and social transformation.
Garden of Simplicity
by Duane ElginOct 27, 2000
- garden of simplicity, by Duane Elgin. Simplicity is the new mantra for the overworked, over-stressed, and over-cluttered, and for those who want to lighten their impact on the Earth. The author of the classic book on voluntary simplicity says the ways to simplicity are many.
Discussion Guide: A New Culture Emerges
Oct 27, 2000
- YES is a leading-edge quarterly journal magazine published by the nonprofit Positive Futures Network concerned with building a more just, sustainable, and compassionate future
The Total Thrust Is Global Justice
by Drew DellingerOct 27, 2000
- the total thrust is global justice, by Drew Dellinger. Rap against globalization and injustice.
The Great Community of the Earth
by Thomas BerryOct 27, 2000
- the great community of the Earth, by Thomas Berry. At a special event held during the UN Summit for Religious and Spiritual Leaders in August, Thomas Berry told these stories of our common dreams for the Earth.
YES! But How? :: Diesel Trucks, Soap V. Detergent
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug PibelOct 27, 2000
- Diesel trucks, Brown spots on skin, Dust Mites, Brass Cleaner, Soap vs Detergent, Moth ball odor, Stuff-free gifts, Annie Berthold, Ask Annie, household hints and helps
The New Solidarity
by Anthony S. ArchOct 27, 2000
- the new solidarity, by Anthony S. Arch. Steelworkers and forest activists forge a new alliance.
by Jan RobertsOct 27, 2000
- A description of the Earth Charter document, a declaration of responsibility and interdependency.
Sep 30, 2000
- indicators: Campaigning for Change, Anti-Globalization, New Tax Breaks, Steelworkers' Victory, Burma Law Overturned, Frankenfood & Lawn, Local Currency Loan
Peacemaking: a family affair
by James W. ZionSep 30, 2000
- Peacemakers in the Navajo Nation can quickly get to the bottom of a situation that resulted in a crime.
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2000
Sep 30, 2000
- Number of mosquitoes a pipistrelle bat eats on a warm summer night . . ., and more...
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa SarosSep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"
Book Review - Ecology of a Cracker Childhhood by
by Daniel J. MartinSep 30, 2000