Is Your Bank Funding DAPL? Here’s How to Find One That Isn’t
by Gerald MitchellDec 01, 2016
- There’s an entire industry of ethically minded banks and financial institutions out there to choose from.
In Stripping Away Our Hope, Maybe Trump Has Done Us a Favor
by David KortenNov 30, 2016
- The outcome of this election is a wake-up call to action. Now that we know our elected leaders will not save us, let’s get to work.
“My Whole Heart Is With You Tonight”: A Letter to the Dakota Access Front Line
by Kelly HayesNov 30, 2016
- We have survived this nation-state’s will for us because we are a fire that their water cannons cannot extinguish.
How Did I End Up a Dangerous Professor on a Watch List?
by Robert JensenNov 30, 2016
- This bullying attempt from a conservative group may easily inhibit professors across the country.
How Northwest Tribes Joined Forces to Beat Fossil Fuel Initiatives
by Terri HansenNov 29, 2016
- Their victories have been inspiring to members of the Standing Rock Sioux in the fight against the Dakota Access pipeline.
The Many Ways to Help Standing Rock
by Sarah van GelderNov 29, 2016
- Even if you can’t show up at the wintry encampments, you can join water protectors in other ways: from calling the North Dakota governor to breaking up with your bank.
Why the “Rule of Law” Is a Powerful Idea for Standing Rock
by Mark TrahantNov 29, 2016
- Although the governor cites the rule of law in his eviction order, the Sioux have this: the Constitution’s Article 6, declaring “treaties as the Supreme Law of the Land.”
Introducing Our Next Executive Director
by Fran KortenNov 28, 2016
- After an exhaustive five-month search, we've found a new executive director for YES! Magazine.
The Importance of Meditating Even When You’re Happy
by Richard J. DavidsonNov 28, 2016
- Think of it as preventative medicine for the likely event of stress.
How to Get Your Head in This Moment
by Jim ShultzNov 28, 2016
- This is not the first time forward progress has ended in a right-wing regime. And the past has plenty of lessons for how to go forward effectively.
Keep Your Spirits Up: You Can’t Resist Trump When You’re Tired and Sad
by Colin BeavanNov 26, 2016
- We must take care of ourselves in a way that ensures our compassion is not drained away.
Standing Rock Eviction Countdown: Will You Keep Fighting With Us?
by Kelly HayesNov 26, 2016
- Our people will continue to resist in and beyond this moment, as this is but one front in the wars being waged against us.
My Desperate Search for Environmentally Friendly Underwear
by Eben BeinNov 25, 2016
- The apparel and textile industry is one of the world’s biggest polluters. But can consumers shape a greener fashion industry with our shopping choices?
This Organic Food Company Doesn’t Discriminate Against Ex-Offenders—It Seeks Them Out
by Olivia AndersonNov 25, 2016
- Lancaster Food Company searches for job applicants who need help getting back on their feet. So far, not one has quit.
20 Ways to Take a Bigger, Louder Stand in the Post-Election World
by Nina M. FloresNov 24, 2016
- Many of us are rekindling our activist spirit knowing that the next four years will require everyone to act.